Your favourite computer game soundtracks?

Glottis: "Manny, before today we crept along the ground like rats.... but now... we're going to SOAR! LIKE EAGLES!!!

EAGLES!.... ON POGO STICKS!"

*time passes as Glottis modifies the bonewagon*

*glottis operates the mechanism*

Glottis: "whaddya think?"

Manny: "excellent, I was afraid that our mode of transportation wasn't nearly ostentatious enough"

But seriously, Grim Fandango did an awesome job of bringing together a film noir mystery plot and maintained it, while having loads of humour at the same time.

Johanna said:
You are missing out on so much fun
I recommend at least getting Day of the tentacle and Sam and max too

As for soundtracks though, I have no idea.

thanks for the tip! i've always leaned more to adventure games than RPGs... the stories in some of them make them true favourites of mine. but both of those genres are winners!

Erik said:
hey. have you played SIMON THE SORCERER 2? it's not a lucasarts game but its very much in the same vein. instead of "hi, my name is guybrush threepwood and i want to be a pirate" you get "hi, my name is simon and i want to be a sorcerer". basically. although it's arguably more fun than any monkey island games. i LOVE it. you should play it. the cd version with voice acting.

edit: it works with scummvm if you have that.
I will have to check it out

when you're ready for the BEST ADVENTURE GAME EVER -- download scummvm if you don't have it! then i can hook you up with the game if you want, i just realized i have it on my hard drive. contact me on msn and we shall talk.

www.scummvm.org -- ScummVM basically reimplements the SCUMM engine so you can play those old games on modern operating systems (great for me -- i can play DOS games in linux without emulation -- also great for windows users since it takes a whole lot of fucking around to get most DOS games to run on modern windows versions,) and also adds on some other similar engines like the one that simon2 uses. if you're interested i can add you to MSN as well

oh and check the trading lists thread if you haven't, there's a message for you

my msn address is mattgiov@hotmail.com

This Scummvm thing is very interesting. I've had no problems running the Monkey Island games on my computers, but for other games I've been using the Dosbox emulator. Played King's Quest 5 on it recently. I can't find my King's Quest Collection... pisses me off, I loved those games!

thanks Erik and Johanna! I may not start any new games til the summer, but I'll check out that site and download Scummvm.

While we're on the adventure game topic, has anyone played a 2005 adventure game called Indigo Prophecy? Developed by Quantic Dream (France). It's a modern adventure set in contemporary NYC about a man who commits murder while possessed and attempts to delve into what really happened. Interesting, original interface, nice graphics, great voice acting. The controls vary from moderately cumbersome to FUCKING FRUSTRATING at times - similar to QD's first game, Omikron: The Nomad Soul. I love them both, control issues aside. Great, great stories, incredible atmosphere and attention to detail, etc. etc.

I'm still in the middle. I do love this game, it transfers the creepy, supernatural atmosphere of Omikron to a modern, realistic setting PERFECTLY. Very cinematic, from the camera movement to the dialogue and voice acting to the music.

i was gonna post a disclaimer about that for Erik, but i figured he probably doesn't particularly care if i talk to him. i usually am doing homework when i'm on msn. the only person i really talk to on it is my girlfriend anyway, and she lives in my basement :lol:

it's nothing personal, just the way it works

Demilich said:
i was gonna post a disclaimer about that for Erik, but i figured he probably doesn't particularly care if i talk to him. i usually am doing homework when i'm on msn. the only person i really talk to on it is my girlfriend anyway, and she lives in my basement :lol:

it's nothing personal, just the way it works
hahaha I see

I dont have a girlfriend and I never have, athe girl I like has a boyfriend and I think scare her:yell: [/emo]

make no mistake, this is the only girlfriend i've ever had and likely the only one i ever will. nothing wrong with that... she's unbelievably great! only problem is i have ZERO communication skills and really i know nothing about attracting the opposite sex!

but every chick likes 6'6 long haired, bearded men with no fashion sense, so i'm pretty sure i'm in the clear!

Ys I, II, and III.

Close the god damn thread, NOTHING is better. Well, maybe Final Fantasy VI. Maybe.