Your favourite drum production?

I too am guilty of loving the drum production on ...Justice. I think it may have more to do with nostalgia and the like than any sort of objective analysis.
For my money, Slaughter of the Soul has one of the best drum mixes I've ever heard in extreme metal, though ironically enough, if the music were more extreme, at least drumming wise, that mix would soon become intolerable.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Summoning have excellent drum...production.
Yes, it is entirely suited, and even though it isn't pounded-out on a real kit, I suppose with production methods and triggering nowadays, the selecting of a sound from a drum machine is similar enough to the acquiring of a sound from a real drumkit that they're almost one in the same anyway...

tanist said:
The best drums sound? "The Sound Of Perseverance" of Death :hotjump:
Yeah, that is a stunning drum production. Very concise but heavy bass drums.

Decadent said:
I realy enjoy the sound of the drums on Vader - Litany

Really? That almost ruined the whole album for me.

My favourite drum sound would probably be...Dave Lombardo's on Testament - The Gathering and on Immolation's Close To A World Below. Just just loud enough so you can hear EVERYTHING done on the kit, but not like most modern releases today which drown out the riffs due to really fucking loud drums. More modern releases should try for that effect, sadly they don't.

.Scissors. said:
Vader - The Beast

Do the drums sound different on that than their last two releases? Not like Litany and that stupid bass pedal being louder than everything and sounding like a bad drum machine?

clarity:
Amon Amarth - Vs The World
Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
Testament - The Gathering

rawness:
Vader - Litany
Dissection - Storm of The Lights Bane as well as The Somberlain
Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse