Your favourite drum production?

I really love the drum sound on KREATOR's "Pleasure To Kill"!! Other drum sounds that I like particularly are on CORONER's "R.I.P.", MAYHEM's "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" and POSSESSED's "Beyond The Gates". I'm sure there are more but they don't come to mind right now.

Thrash Metal Tormentor said:
I really love the drum sound on KREATOR's "Pleasure To Kill"!! Other drum sounds that I like particularly are on CORONER's "R.I.P.", MAYHEM's "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" and POSSESSED's "Beyond The Gates". I'm sure there are more but they don't come to mind right now.

I have to agree with Pleasure To Kill, it's one of the few albums I can hear a five second clip from and immediately recognize what it is by the drum sound.

Cryptopsy - Whisper Supremacy
Fear Factory - Demanufacture
Death - Symbolic
Mudvayne - L.D. 50
Dave Matthews Band - Crash

Oceanic Motion said:
I hope you're lying!? :yuk:

No, for some reason, I like the sound of everything on that album. It's probably the closest thing that they've done so far that comes close to Black Force Domain which is my favorite.

anonymousnick2001 said:
His drums are usually a little low in the mix, no?
(if you were refering to the post i made refering to Danny Carey)

Could be, but then again, it depends a little on the mix you have setup and what levels are perceived as "low" or "High" (which differs from person to person,) for my dollar the mix is great and the albums are flawless.

Cephalic Carnage - Exploiting Dysfunction
311 - Grassroots
TooL - Aenima
Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood
Mastodon - Remission
Disfigured - Prelude To Dementia E.P
Lethargy - It's Hard To Write With A Little Hand
Acid Bath - When The Kite String Pops
Commit Suicide - Synthetics
Death - Individual Thought Patterns,Human
Dying Fetus - Destroy The Opposition