Your favourite EQ plugin for Guitar filtering

Hey Lasse, do you prefer the waves q10 over stock protools or daw eq? I just wondered, I have q10 but never really gave it a shot.

What does equality better?

Selective phase modes including linear phase, two hipasses, bell and notch Q... Just love that plugin, its a swiss knife EQ.

I tried Equilibrium too, that its a equality with steroids (includes digital and classic analog curves, circuit models of vintage EQs, and engineering filters (about 12), but it ate too much CPU.

i work with cubase 5.1 so no Pro tools stuff :)
the channel eq works for me for such things too...did never thought about using anything different since yesterday :) . i' m sure there are cleaner ones more musical ones for this out there

thanks for so many replies

Voxengo GlissEQ mainly
Cubase stock eq as well

I've been tempted to get some waves stuff but haven't yet.

tried the Q10 so far, had problems with some guitars in a mix to get of the harshness without loosing brightness or sounding strange. Worked better for me than the channel EQ..i´m happy now with them. like Lasse sayed...simply cleaner. Had nothing to boost, so i will try other stuff another time

i work with cubase 5.1 so no Pro tools stuff :)
the channel eq works for me for such things too...did never thought about using anything different since yesterday :) . i' m sure there are cleaner ones more musical ones for this out there

thanks for so many replies

The channel eq in Cubase is great, but it's post-insert, which sucks big time. And you can't change it! :D So if you wish to compress a signal which has a peak in 240hz, the channel eq will affect the already-compressed signal which sucks if you wish to cut the 240hz before compressing and you don't know that the channel eq isn't pre-insert. So I only use it when I need a final touch of equing.

The channel eq in Cubase is great, but it's post-insert, which sucks big time. And you can't change it! :D So if you wish to compress a signal which has a peak in 240hz, the channel eq will affect the already-compressed signal which sucks if you wish to cut the 240hz before compressing and you don't know that the channel eq isn't pre-insert. So I only use it when I need a final touch of equing.

yes thats right, what i like at the channel EQ is just the easyness to use. I still will go for it here and there...
for the guitars in my mix right now i´m doing it worked better to use something different

Just picked up DMG EQuick, the EQuality Jr ahah

that and sonalksis eq for surgical work, maybe stock PT eq for an overdub.

Colouring EQ's,

Sub - Plug & Mix clarisonix

lows - Softube Pultec, Booteq.

mids - Density Mk2 (fairchild emulation), Stillwell vibe,

highs - Soneq, Stillwell 1973

equilibrium is the first plugin EQ thats really made me think "holy shit", but i didn't really like the workflow for the majority of situations. I'll buy it eventually based on how good it sounds.

I use a combination of ren eq, metric halo CS, and the psp EQ's. ALWAYS have a pultec-esque EQ on the 2 bus.