Your First Concert Ever

The Metal Chick

In the Dragon's Den
Mar 31, 2003
Chicago, IL
www.themetalchick.net
So what was the first concert you ever attended? Even if it's not a metal show, the first concert is pretty special.

My first ever concert was when my brother snuck me in to see Collective Soul. I was only 12, and you had to be 18 to get in. Got to meet the band and everything. Even got my picture taken with all 5 bandmembers...in 1 pic! If only i could get one like that with SymX :loco:

Well, what's everyone else got? :)

Collective Soul's awesome! That would have ruled.

My friends and I saw Korn for our first concert. With Puddle of Mudd and Deadsy. 2 or 3 years ago. I must say Korn puts on an amazing show. I saw them once after that, and it was just as good. I don't know how guys can expend that much energy and still be alive! I know the forum's pretty anti-numetal (as I am) but I can't deny these guys' songwriting skill, chemistry, and stage presence. Didn't get to meet anyone, though. :(

This one's gonna get me laughed off of the message board.

Madonna: Like A Virgin- Madison Square Garden, 1985

It was a family venture. I was 8.

Needless to say I made eye contact with Madonna for what felt like a pretty long time.

At least it was before she became a total flake.

Still, I'd have rathered that my first concert had been Iron Maiden/Twisted Sister: Powerslave/Stay Hungry tour.

Stryper at the local college. Hoaky cloths but rippin' guitars. Still love some of that stuff. That was in 1986

My second was in 1988 and it was Robert Plant with special guest Stevie Ray Vaughn. Stevie R. Vaughn kicked ass !!! GREAT guitar player.....what a shame.

Then Santana in 1988. Grew up listening to Santana. Love Carlos guitar playing and attitude.

After that it was all metal from then on !!!!!!

JWC

www.lonewolfmusic.com

My first concert was the original family values tour when it came to Nassau Colleseum. the bill was Korn, Limp Bizkit, Ice Cube, Ramstien, Orgy and Incubus. I believe it was in 1998. Korn was ok, Limp Bizkit didnt even go on, I think Fred was too drunk to go on or something, Ice Cube was kinda funny, Ramstien was hilarious and had an entertaining pyrotechnics display, Orgy sucked and Incubus was just gettin popular: they ROCKED! I ws really young and I remember it being really loud.

"SCORPIONS"!!!!!!!!

Crazy World tour. My boyfriend (now hubby) took me, I think I was 16?
It was really AWESOME!! since at that time in school, they were my fav. band..
Had like 35+ tapes.. I couldn't believe they had soooo many albums out there. And I didn't even have them all..hehehe! Still don't..:Spin:

First concert: KISS :) It was waaaaaaay back in 1979 on the Dynasty Tour. Saw them at the now non-existant Capital Centre. I even have a VHS bootleg of that show. One of 2 concerts that I have attended with my 2 older brothers in my lifetime.

Reunion tour? Bah, don't need it...saw it the first time :)

Glenn....Now I have half a mind to go crank "King of the Nighttime World"

The Metal Chick said:
So what was the first concert you ever attended? Even if it's not a metal show, the first concert is pretty special.

My first ever concert was when my brother snuck me in to see Collective Soul. I was only 12, and you had to be 18 to get in. Got to meet the band and everything. Even got my picture taken with all 5 bandmembers...in 1 pic! If only i could get one like that with SymX :loco:

Well, what's everyone else got? :)
First was "Little Stevie Wonder". :Spin:
Metal Chick, can you scan and post that pic for us? Whatever happened to them?

Van Halen's Fair Warning tour..summer of 1981 at the Oakland Coliseum. It was not long after Eddie & Valerie had married, & there was a big to-do when people realized she was sitting at the sound board. My parents were totally strict Bible-thumpers & the only reason I got to go to this concert was that my best friend bought me the ticket for a graduation present..hehe.

My first was Judas Priest at the Capital Center in Landover, MD. It was back in 1983 when I was 13. Defender's of the Faith tour. What an absolutely incredible show! Left there without and hearing until about 1/2 hour later. Awesome!

Pharoah said:
Metal Chick, can you scan and post that pic for us? Whatever happened to them?

All I know is the guitarist left the band...something about an argument with the singer over a women...typical eh? its a shame, really.

As for a pic, here it is:

http://www.themetalchick.homestead.com/CSoul2.jpg

sorry for the crappy quality...the pic is 8 years old after all...