Your First Concert Ever

My first concert was Aerosmith with, I believe, Fuel as the opener. When Aero toured again a few years later, with Fuel as well, I was supposed to see them, but lack of grades kept me from going. Ever after a friend had gotten me the tix.

..and what was with the "Bob Seger..but my first real concert was.." C'mon, I would love to see Seger live.

hm... my first was Pukkelpop in Belgium, way back in 1994 or 95... my parents were desperate to see Neil Young. I think the first thing I saw was Rob Zombie but I'm not sure. it could be Mudhoney or Foo Fighters as well.

no i believe it was at least two years back, but i could be wrong. I have to comprehension of time passage some times.

wow! Cool to see we have a nice mix of young and old here.

My first concert was Iron Maiden / Accept (Powerslave / Metal Heart tour).
This was in the summer of 85, at Poplar Creek Music Theater, in Hoffman Estates Illinois.

JHawk said:
My first concert was Aerosmith with, I believe, Fuel as the opener. When Aero toured again a few years later, with Fuel as well, I was supposed to see them, but lack of grades kept me from going. Ever after a friend had gotten me the tix.

..and what was with the "Bob Seger..but my first real concert was.." C'mon, I would love to see Seger live.

Not knocking Bob at all. He put on a great show and I'm glad I saw him. But Rush and Van Halen and AC/DC were what I was really into, and for me there was no way that "Hollywood Nights" could compare to "Xanadu" or "Eruption/Runnin' with the Devil" or "Riff Raff".

BTW, I have to add my son to the first concert list. I took him to his first concert was last night - Iced Earth with Evergrey and Children of Bodom in Atlanta. How's that for a 10 year old's first show? :headbang:

SevenString said:
hey, i resemble that remark! ;)

Naw man, I seriously think it is cool.
It amazed me when I went to see Dream Theater this year how many young kids were there.

When I was 13, there is no way I would have appreciated a band like DT (or any band that had songs over 5 minutes)

My first show was Metallica way back on the Justice Tour with Queensryche opening in support for Operation: Mindcrime. The Rychers were accross the street at Tower Records doing a signing session.. I still have the O:M tape w/ all of thier autographs... that was the night that set me on the path of the eternal metalhead..