Your First Concert Ever

The Metal Chick said:
All I know is the guitarist left the band...something about an argument with the singer over a women...typical eh? its a shame, really.

As for a pic, here it is:

http://www.themetalchick.homestead.com/CSoul2.jpg

sorry for the crappy quality...the pic is 8 years old after all...
Wow, that's great....I'm sure you were totally thrilled about that.
I liked the band too, but never got to see them. They were a band plagued with troubles from the start.
"Where the River Flows" is one of those tunes
that will stick in yer head for days. :headbang:

My first concert was Lynyrd Skynyrd (the 1999/2000 lineup) and it was awesome. Lynyrd Skynyrd were also my second and third concerts as well. It wasn't until my fourth that I got to see Blind Guardian/Symphony X at Jaxx in Virginia. My Fifth and most recent was Devin Townshend (yuk! :puke: -I just don't like screaming vocals. I prefer melodic, with some heartfelt yells) opening for Symphony X at Jaxx again. The Odyssey kicked so much ass....

First concert was Bob Segar, 1978. First REAL concerts were AC/DC (with Bon Scott!!), Rush, and Van Halen later that same year. Still have the ticket stubs ($6.50 to see Van Halen!) and the t-shirts. I was 14. :headbang:

Rush, Hemispheres tour, 1979, at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, Utah. April Wine opened for them. Rush was great, of course, and played a long, long set. (And this was back when they were still loud!) April Wine put on a great show, too.

My dad didn't want me to go (he always hated all that long hair hippie music). He was a rather mean fellow at the time, and taunted me by saying that he would buy me a ticket to the show if I won a trophy in an upcoming ski race. I was a decent skier, but not fast by any means, and to get a trophy I would have to place in the top three.

Well, both my rebellious nature and my intense desire to see Rush (at the time my absolute favorite band) spurred me on and I actually took first place with a new course record time. My very chagrined father took me to get a ticket on the way back from the slopes. A sweet victory in many ways.

In contrast, I personally took my 16-year old son to his first concert recently. We saw Yngwie, with George Lynch opening, here in Tucson, Arizona. And it was nice and loud.:headbang:

My very first concert must be P.O.D. (with Ill Niño and Skindred) ór Nickelback. I guess it's P.O.D.. I was 13 years old or something, it's quite a long time ago you see. Anyway, it was pretty cool.

The stupid thing of me at concerts is, when a drummer or guitar player throws something, they throw it right before my feet. But I never see that! And when someone picks up a drumstick right before my eyes, it makes me feel stupid :erk: .

COBSteele02 said:
Slayer with In Flames about 4 years ago.
That was actually in 2002, so 2 years ago. But nice try anyway.

My first real concert was actually Jag Panzer, In Flames, and Iced Earth. that was a pretty good show, though the best i've seen is Dimmu/Nevermore.

I just realised I never actually replied to the question at hand. My first true concert was the one and only Symphony X in Cleveland, 2003. Late bloomer I guess, heheh.

My first concert was Faith No More and Billy Idol sometime in the late 80's. My friends and I sat all the way up in the nose bleed section and had a blast.

Geez, the flippin' Oak Ridge Boys in the late '70's. My parents were huge fans and it was a free concert in the middle of a square in Brussels. I remember seeing my sister at a bar after the show with the singer that had that big-ass 'stache. That's funny stuff.

My first "real" concert was Iron Maiden, Fastway, and Saxon in the early '80's. I have no idea what year though - '82 or '83. Then it was pretty much every concert that came through town for the next 10 years.

Aeresius said:
I just realised I never actually replied to the question at hand. My first true concert was the one and only Symphony X in Cleveland, 2003. Late bloomer I guess, heheh.

how was the turn out for that show? just wondering cause im from cleveland and didn't make it to that concert. as for my first concert, it was pink flyod many years ago. i believe it was their last time touring in the states. i was kinda young but i still remember it. man was that an amazing show!! never seen anything quite like it. it was that show that got me hooked on prog. rock, and have been ever sense!