Your first heavy metal album/tape/cd

A plethora of Kiss and Iron Maiden vinyls that were awaiting me at home upon my birth.

Technically those were my brothers. The first cassette tapes I remember being bought for me were Kiss - Dynasty, the Return of the Living Dead soundtrack, and some Stryper album. All bought in 1987 from Camelot Music.

A plethora of Kiss and Iron Maiden vinyls that were awaiting me at home upon my birth.

Technically those were my brothers. The first cassette tapes I remember being bought for me were Kiss - Dynasty, the Return of the Living Dead soundtrack, and some Stryper album. All bought in 1987 from Camelot Music.

Oh yeah, can't forget Stryper...that was probably the second one I bought. I had Soldiers Under Command and To Hell with the Devil. They actually had some pretty badass riffs...I still like a few songs.

what, you were like twoish/threeish in 87?

Derick lied! I did, however, go to my first Kiss concert in 1989 and thought I was cool in my Gene Simmons make-up. Got angry when people kept awwwing at me. :(

First cd was some Kiss Greatest Hits thing. First purchase was probably Aerosmith - Rock in a Hard Place. Metalwise, I think it was Kill 'Em All in about 4th or 5th grade.

When I was really young my brother used to play Master of Puppets to me whenever he came over, then when Justice came out, he bought me a tape of it, and it was and still is my favorite album of all time.

hmm... i guess since bon jovi and van halen count, i'll say the first "metal" cd i bought was significant other by limp bizkit when i was... like, 11 or something.

i remember listening to my mom's black sabbath records when i was about 10, though.

My older brother bought most of the music so there was plenty of metal (or pseudo-metal at least) in the house. But the first one that was officialy mine was Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil on vinyl. I was 12 and got it for Christmas. At that time we did Christmas Eve at the grandparent's house with the entire extended family. There were a couple of family members who weren't quite down with me getting something with an evil pentagram for Christmas.

I think the first one I purchased on my own was Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time on cassette