First Metal Album

Quite a lot of Maiden there. :)

If I recall right, my first was Ozzy's Bark At The Moon.

Then I got Maiden's Killers and Fear Of The Dark from my sister and it's been downhill ever since. :lol:

Originally posted by Drexie
I don't recall asking what you all thought about it, it was an answer to a question. Just because you don't like nu-metal (And I can't really say I care for it in general either at this point) doesn't mean it isn't metal. There *was* a time when they were too heavy to get airplay, you know.

Next thing you know, people will be saying the same thing when someone responds "My first metal album was by cradle of filth!" Mark my words.
Listen dude NU isnot metal at fucking all. It is not that i don't like it it is that it's not metal. Some big fat record company marketeer sitting in his chair invented the term just to attract young (mainly) ppl, because he saw metal being commercial nowadays. its not what you claim to be, it is what you really are, dude. And as for the asking our opinnion, if you don't want your oppinion being commented don't post it in public and keep it for your self. Or private message certain ppl who think likewise. I am sure they will agree with you.:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Metalmaster
...ah, the glorious eighties...
Glorious indeed!.

Sepultura - Chaos AD

That really hooked me to a more harder sound. I've been a metal fan ever since

The first metal album I ever bought was "The number of the beast", but what really got me into metal (when I said, I don't give a fuck about what other people will think about me) was the "Holy Land" from Angra. Magnificent album. I have been looking for an equal ever since...

My 1st Hard Rock 8track was Highway to Hell, Actually, I was buying Judas Priest releases , as They were released as well, so most likely whatever time period people started refering to the Genre as Metal...

Was also Buying UFO, Boston , Feoreigner , Rainbow, Sabbath, Van Hallen & Sh*t loads of others as released New as well...

Ahhh...The Memories... ;)

====
CROM

probably obsolete by fear factory (good stuff... not the rap shit theyre into now) or a sepultura album.

ok, i started with "hard rock" stuff such as ... :eek: Europe, Bon Jovi, Def L, and shit like that.. !! hehe , but my first kinda real metal album was HELLOWEEN Keeper II

:D

OK Def Lepperds Pyromania was the first aldum i bought but i guess thats not METAL so it would have to be Seventh Son by Maiden. Still a fantastic album

I bought 'ride the lightning' when i was eight. I also had a few AC/DC tapes hanging around at that time i beleive...!

I remember having a metallica cassette tape when i was real young. That was I think the first metal music that i owned.

Hi, I'm still new.

For me it was definately Judas Priest's Unleashed In The East. And specifically Victem Of Changes. Late night radio, like 1979 or so, back when FM was sorta' cool (anyone remember Max Webster and Rush doing "Battlescar"? Ficking ENORMOUS song). This is sort of the standard by which all other metal songs were judged for most of my Jr. High and HS years (yeah, I am that fucking old), until I heard Master Of Puppets.

Anyway, that along with Aerosmith's "Nobody's Fault" just got to that place where the thing that makes that place such a bizarre place to be at resides. Fucking ruined my chances of getting laid in thr early 80s, but I had lots of stoner friends...which is a very poor sunbtisiute. Maybe I can sue Rob Halford?

The first "real" metal tape i ever got was Slayer's "Hell Awaits". I listened to it and said "what the fuck is this noise?", and I tossed it into my drawer. But I found out it scared the hell outta my parents , so I would crank it to piss them off. Funny thing is, it grew on me and Slayer ended up becoming one of my favorite bands of all times.

a earache sample tape of a magazine that had napalm, carcass, morbid, bolt thrower and some other earache stuff, can't remember
i was hooked