First time going to metal gig

Bliksem60!

New Metal Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hey all, so i'm basically new to this whole metal world. Back in the past I'd bag the music as being a bunch of noise with no sense to it, but after becoming friends with an American dude who was into metal, I decided to give it a go. Well, turns out that metal isn't as bad as I thought it was. I really enjoy it

Anywho, so I've been toying with the idea of going to a concert for a long time but have always held back because I thought I'd be seen as an imposter (coz I'm new to the scene), and because I'm female. Sooo, now I've decided I'd like to go see Thy Art is Murder here in Australia, as my first ever metal concert. Of course I'm nervous, so what the heck do I do? How do I dress (obviously not in heels haha), and what can I expect? I'd most likely be going alone to the gig too.
Any ladies here who can give me their experiences of going to metal gigs, either alone or just as a female lol?

Cheers!

Reactions: arg
Wear earplugs. Live metal concerts are loud as fuck and you will hear it just fine (better actually cuz it filters out excess noise thus you'll enjoy it more). More importantly you won't experience ear pain or ringing.

And you should probably stay away from the pit (the people running around and pushing each other)

That said, Thy Art is Murder is fucking awesome, have fun! \m/

Last edited:
Wear earplugs. Live metal concerts are loud as fuck and you will hear it just fine (better actually cuz it filters out excess noise thus you'll enjoy it more). More importantly you won't experience ear pain or ringing.

And you should probably stay away from the pit (the people running around and pushing each other)

That said, Thy Art is Murder is fucking awesome, have fun! \m/

Seconded re earplugs. And yeah I've seen Thy Art is Murder supporting other bands a few times and I'd definitely steer clear of the pit. Flailing idiots doing karate moves everywhere.

Go out and buy yourself a Uada shirt and a choker for your neck. Dye your hair black and wear a ton of eyeliner/eye shadow. Then, grab a few beers and stand in the back with your arms crossed.

Black Metal thot 101

Some venues just sound crap so don't go overboard with your expectations, and if it is good you'll enjoy it more. Helps to try standing in a couple of different places. Especially if you find yourself standing behind some tall bastards or next to the most annoying dickhead there. Don't take a bag unless you absolutely have to (annoying if you're standing where it's more packed and people keep bumping into it).