Your first Hypocrisy song

'Until the End'

and it must have been 10 years ago, when I was just 16 years old! Or maybe even earlier, not sure. I just remember how it made a huge impact on me and how I really connected with the song, inspired me to listen to more music like that and write my own.

I saw them live in Wacken 2004, I remember listening to "Eraser" without knowing the band... that totally cautivated me.

Fractured Millennium

Friend got me a couple of albums for my bday back in 2000. I hadn't heard of Hypocrisy before then, but I fell in love after one listen to the self titled album.

Destroyed. And I was not a fan because of that until I heard Peter in Bloodbath and couldnt believe it was the same guy. So I came back and heard The Abyss and all was well, Ive been a fan ever since

my first song was impotent god , i listen first the penetralia album and i listen it for a cuple of mout every day and only one of two years later i listen the arrival and the arrival but, when i listen insemited adoption from the wacken concert was when i started to be a hypo-fan :kickass:

Don't remember exacly but it was either "Legions Descend" or the 2001 re-recording of "Penetralia". I remember buying both "Into The Abyss" and "10 Years of Chaos and Confusion" around the same time and that the first was bought "blindly" after reading good reviews. Just don't remember which one was the first I bought (leaning towards "10 years..."). Either way I sold right away.

Hello! Happy holidays!
Hope this post is not too offtopic ;)
I saw this photo on Lars's Facebook page, then asked a few questions and to Lars and Jesper Eriksson (owner of the photo) and learned something interesting that I'd like to share.
1499453_10151887563208691_1118835656_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151887563208691

Initially, three people were marked in this photo. And I asked about blond guy in the foreground - whether it was Peter.
And now I quote their answers:
Lars Szöke
Happy holydays! Yes, it's Peter. Bands name was Conquest back in 83 or 84. Thrash/speed metal.

Jesper Eriksson
Hello, its me at the left, Lars Szöke to the middle, Thomas to the right and the one on the floor is Peter, yes

i believe it was me and a guy named mats who started the band and later came peter, thomas and we kicked mats for szöke. I came up with the name conquest i think.. i think the pic is taken round 87, not so early that szöke said..

PS I think everyone already knows that Peter Tägtgren now has official page on Fb.
https://www.facebook.com/petertagtgren

I have been listening Hypocrisy for only couple of years now. So a pretty new fan :) . I first discovered it when i saw that they are gonna play in Tuska-metal festival. I think it was at 2010. I discovered that it's the same guy's band as Pain and i got interested. The first song has been from Virus, i think it's probably been Fearless or Incised Before I've Ceased. Don't really remember, but anyway, i was sold immediately :headbang: