Your gear?

Does anyone know if there is ANY Lefty RR with 24 frets and a Floyd available? Otherwise im gonna have to order custom....

I don't have shots of my gear so these I found on google.
I started on classical, this is basically mine except expensive and nice. Mine cost $90 and back then I thought it was a lot.
Classic_Guitar-1.jpg

My first electric, same color, specs, etc. except mine has a humbucker at the bridge. None of that infamous strat feedback.
EGFNJ4-STDSTMWM-f-1.jpg

A guitar my dad got for free from somebody taking it to the curb on trash day. But.. this one I have isn't exactly sweet like the picture. Somebody changed the pickups (which aren't bad), ripped apart the floyd rose and hand-painted thick white stripes on it like zebra print but backwards. It's my hair metal guitar. :lol: Sucks though cause the knobs are missing and they're stuck, rusty. I might fix it up one day.
hhnrsrdev-1.jpg

My exact guitar, custom '68 reissue. Plays like a dream though it's heavy and took a while to handle the frets. "Les Paul" frets, cause your hand to turn rather than stay parallel with the neck, which is also thick. Now when I pick up something else it feels cheap cause everything else is so light.
gibson20epiphone20les20paul20cus-1.jpg

gib06cs-lpcustom-alpine-1.jpg

Korg Triton Studio 61 key, awesome for mixing and recording, but not a keyboard for simple playing use.
KORG_TRITONST61-1.jpg

New BR-900, great investment.
BR-900CD-1.jpg

Marshall Valvestate2000 100watt. It's awful... used to play well, a very fast amp. Went well with my custom speedy picks. But it died on me a couple months ago after about 7 years, distortion chip was replaced and still doesn't work right. Damn digital amps...
Avt100detail1large-23fb9bacfbaf6-1.jpg

Simple monitors, for the Triton and 8 track.
protape_1944_22107575.jpg

Besides that, I use Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks, Shure SM58 for vocals and SM57 for external recording. I have a drum kit at home, but nothing great... and the usual random clarinets, harmonicas, etc. Upright Yamaha piano, it's gorgeous cherry wood. :)

hhnrsrdev-1.jpg

My exact guitar, custom '68 reissue. Plays like a dream though it's heavy and took a while to handle the frets. "Les Paul" frets, cause your hand to turn rather than stay parallel with the neck, which is also thick. Now when I pick up something else it feels cheap cause everything else is so light.
gibson20epiphone20les20paul20cus-1.jpg
My stepfather plays a Gibson Les Paul (studio blabla, I don't know anything about LPs), too and it's pretty cool to play. I'm 1,96 m tall, so the big body of LPs suits me better than smaller guitars. On the other hand, the measure of the neck feels a bit too short for my long monkey arms.
I have that problem with RRs, they play great, but they look like little toys in at me :( (anyway, I'll get one)

New BR-900, great investment.
BR-900CD-1.jpg
my father bought the "bigger brother" and he's really exalted. I prefer sequencers like cubase.

Marshall Valvestate2000 100watt. It's awful... used to play well, a very fast amp. Went well with my custom speedy picks. But it died on me a couple months ago after about 7 years, distortion chip was replaced and still doesn't work right. Damn digital amps...
uärgh, I hate the sound of that amp, sorry... plus, there's always something broken at the valvestate. (Experiences of many friends)

Besides that, I use Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks, Shure SM58 for vocals and SM57 for external recording.
I have the SM57, too and I really like it. Did you know that you can simply take off the basket of the SM58 to get an SM57? Someone of shure enterprises said it in a forum. I was a bit angry that I didn't know it earlier :lol:

So,I'd like to hear some recordings with the great Paula!

My stepfather plays a Gibson Les Paul (studio blabla, I don't know anything about LPs), too and it's pretty cool to play. I'm 1,96 m tall, so the big body of LPs suits me better than smaller guitars. On the other hand, the measure of the neck feels a bit too short for my long monkey arms.
I have that problem with RRs, they play great, but they look like little toys in at me :( (anyway, I'll get one)

uärgh, I hate the sound of that amp, sorry... plus, there's always something broken at the valvestate. (Experiences of many friends)

I have the SM57, too and I really like it. Did you know that you can simply take off the basket of the SM58 to get an SM57? Someone of shure enterprises said it in a forum. I was a bit angry that I didn't know it earlier :lol:

So,I'd like to hear some recordings with the great Paula!

Yeah since I've been playing the LP other guitars look and feel so tiny. Even if the others are about the same size from the front, they're thin and more compact. I feel like I'll break the damn things if I bump into something. The neck does look kinda short and stumpy, still haven't figured out why. I think (hope this makes sense, no techie terms here) it might be because the upper "curve" (where the toggle switch is) goes fairly far up the neck, making the fretboard feel and seem more deeply set into the body. When I play around the 15th-22nd frets I usually drop my thumb and bring my whole hand in front of the guitar. It's really uncomfortable when I keep my thumb behind the neck like at the lower frets.

I hate that amp. I got it when I was about 14, my first real amp, I didn't know shit about amps then and Marshall was the default company. Now that the distortion is dead and I have to play through the effects on my 8track I'm trying to find a new amp. Of course I'd love a tube amp, something really sweet, but that's pricey.

Any suggestions, anybody?? I want to stay away from new Marshalls, Crates, Peaveys and Line 6(I've seen one spark and set fire).

:lol: Well ya learn something new everyday. I didn't know that about the SM58. Good to know now in case my 57 decides to die too!

I want to record something and put it up in the guitar thread, but I want to play with the 8track more first.

postjump:

what style of music do you want to play with the new amp?
Black/Death metal potentially with clean guitar parts. I need something that works well in both worlds. Clear, warm clean sound and gain that's heavy but full, I hate the trash can quality metal sound. I hope that makes sense.
all that shit and you haven't got a recording?
Full-time college student pulling double the required credits per term. and I live with 5 chicks in a very small dorm, all of which hate music, especially metal. I only get to play once every couple of weeks. :erk: Just keeping up with what I can already play is a battle, forget doing something new and constructive.

Black/Death metal potentially with clean guitar parts. I need something that works well in both worlds. Clear, warm clean sound and gain that's heavy but full, I hate the trash can quality metal sound. I hope that makes sense.

Haha, that sound is so fun, i get the best "trash can" sound when i scoop the bass with my cheap distortion pedal, it sounds so crappy :lol:

Haha, that sound is so fun, i get the best "trash can" sound when i scoop the bass with my cheap distortion pedal, it sounds so crappy :lol:

haha like the Burzum-esque sound. intentionally shitty sounding. cause that's kvlt, y'all.

*bump* i bought a new guitar yesterday so i thought i would post a picture along with my other guitars.
My trusty Jackson Dinky
p5150008jb9.jpg

The Edwards Laiho Rhoads
p5150006no4.jpg

An awesome JEM which i actually just bought tonight for $320. The whole fretboard is scalloped.

p5150002pn2.jpg

And then ive got a shit little marshall solid state which basically makes those otherwise cool guitars sound pretty shitty (im saving up for something much better).
p5150010wv1.jpg

^Roughly around 3kg, which is about 8.8lbs, it feels quite light aswell.

^That's awesome! Not too fond of the headstock, but still pretty sexy.