Your go-to VSTs for Rhythm and Lead Guitars?

Here's my suggestions through the exhaustive testing that I've done over years of recording real amps and ampsims...

For the tubescreamer, I've been using the TSE 808. I had been using the Mokafix Cream Tube for quite some time but find the TSE 808 a bit softer and to my liking lately. Just a quick note about these... Both of these VSTs sound quite different with the same settings, so to get either one to work for your mix or guitar tone, you may have to use settings that you wouldn't normally use on a real tubescreamer.

I use Lepou's LeCto, Vintage channel for soloing and Modern channel for rhythm. The LeCto is probably my main go to amp sim for most of my guitar amp sounds. I use Lepou's LeGion for a more 80's sound. I find I can emulate a Mesa Boogie MKIIC+ or sounds from the Triaxis quite well with LeGion. LeXTAC is great for clean tones and slightly distorted/warm tones. I also use Onqel's X50 for 6505+ simulation. The more I use it, the more I've been enjoying it. Onqel has really done an amazing job so far with the X50. Have to admit I wasn't ever a huge fan of the X30.

For cabinet emulation, I have used Sir2 for years. But just a few weeks ago I got my hands on MixIR2 from Redwirez. I'm still getting my head wrapped around it, but i've already incorporated it into some of my presets where I've wanted a mix of different mics. It works great and appears to be just as fast (latency) as Sir2 with possibly a little less bite. I own the Big Box collection of Redwirez impulses and use them primarily for all of my impulse needs. I've collected everything out there and always end back with Redwirez.

Hope this was helpful.

I'm liking TS-999. I love Onqel's TS808 but sometimes I like the character that TS-999 has got. I tried The Anvil, but I'm not liking it too much. It has too much mids and doesn't sound to real to me. For IRs I still use SIR2. Nothing sounds like it. Tried Distorque's Rangebastard.. and.. WOW man !! It is great. I'm loving it. But be carefull to not use to much effect out of it.

I'm liking TS-999. I love Onqel's TS808 but sometimes I like the character that TS-999 has got. I tried The Anvil, but I'm not liking it too much. It has too much mids and doesn't sound to real to me. For IRs I still use SIR2. Nothing sounds like it. Tried Distorque's Rangebastard.. and.. WOW man !! It is great. I'm loving it. But be carefull to not use to much effect out of it.
big +1 for the rangebastard! (how can you not love it with a name like that??)
GREAT tweak section!!