Your guitars, fx, amps

as for now:
Shecter C1+ w/ EMG 81/85
5150 Peavet 120w head
Marshall 1960a/b 300W cab

IN the next year:
Gibson les paul custom
OR a Jackson RR1 white with pinstripes

I am torn between the two, Which do you think i should get? The Gibson or the RR 1.

I dunno man, I'll have to play it for myself, so far ive only played a RR5. The tone was pretty good, but then again the style of music i play is more towards heavier stuff, like opeth. I know peter Lindgren played a RR at one point. I hope today ill go to GC and play yhe RR5 again and check out a LP custom. word

AlexisESPHasNothingOnMyJackson.jpg

my RR5, signed by Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala... has pickups from an 03 les paul standard(origional owner got an EMG 81/85 set)
then my 7... an 02 Ibanez RG7421, stock pickups, scalloped 12-24(do my own) my 6's... a 02 Ibanez RGT42, fully scalloped, Duncan JB in the neck, Duncan Seth Lover Authentic PAF reissue in the bridge, Ibanez Edge Trem, 2 way switch, 1 knob(only volume)... 04 NJ Beast(what a pile of shit, only thing worth a damn on it is the speedloader trem), 90 RG570FM(Flame Maple Top) Duncan TB4 in the bridge, 84 Yamaha, strat style, 22 fret 1 piece maple strat neck, 2 humbuckers...
for my amp... a Crate Blue Voodoo(BV-120H, before the new style with no fuckin verb and shitty tone) with a no name 4x12 cab...
for fx... boss dd-5 delay, and a boss ns-2 noise suppressor. and that is all... usually for jamming i use my vamp2, band practice i use the Blue Voodoo(gigs too duh)

gregofbodom said:
would i be able to use the gp 1000 straight? like guitar - gp1000- cabinet or would i need to buy a power amp too?
you need a power amp, preferably a Peavy Classic 50/50 which are also cheap.

Lee Jackson On Ebay <---DIRT CHEAP 82 bucks as of now, with 2 days left.

Peavey Classic 50/50 <---They run anywhere from $300-450, but you shouldn't have to pay over $400 for one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38076&item=3743566650&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38076&item=3743916731&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38076&item=3744120317&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

for gods sake stay with the 5150.... I cant stand my Lee Jackson..Im considering throwing it in the river...

besides, Alexi and Alexander used 5150's to cut the first album...so take that into account!

i like the 5150 very much. i got it used for 350. the front was falling off but it was nothing some wood glue, screws, and an overnight clamp couldnt fix. i replaced the tubes as well and it sounds 12 times as good as the newer ones i think. i dunno if id trade it in though. since you all seem to be praising the 5150 over the lee jackson ill take your word for it.

if you want some massive BREWtality, ala Zakk Wylde, mod your 5150 to take 6550 power tubes, dime the EQ and gain, load up a cab with some high wattage speakers..200+ or something, and blow the roof off the fuckin house..fuck the neighborhood..

or just buy diezel's like me and be done with it =p

RockBodom said:
if you want some massive BREWtality, ala Zakk Wylde, mod your 5150 to take 6550 power tubes, dime the EQ and gain, load up a cab with some high wattage speakers..200+ or something, and blow the roof off the fuckin house..fuck the neighborhood..

or just buy diezel's like me and be done with it =p

yeah but how much is a deizel again?