Your guitars, fx, amps

bobvex said:
My%20Gear%201.JPG

Jackson RX10D "Custom" - White with black pins, 24 frets, EMG HZ-H4 pickup, PA-2 gain booster
Jackson RX10D "Custom" - Black with Yellow bevels, 22 frets, EMG 81 in the bridge, Disconnected neck pickup.

Rack:
Sennheiser 1092
A - Line 6 POD Pro
B - Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000
Rocktron Intellifex LTD
DBX 231 Graphic EQ
VHT 2/50/2
Marshall 1960 AV

You've probably been asked billions of times where the hell you got your guitars, but...one more time wouldnt hurt, right? :D besides, this one is coming from a guy with the shittest setup imaginable, but i somehow find a way to rock out to some bodom songs..in a professional way by the way. but ive been planning on getting a jackson similar to alexis model, but i have no idea where to find one..or how much money id be spending on one...because looking at the two you had pretty much made me nut in front of my computer screen..heh. like this is me looking at your guitars: :worship:

Jani Laiho said:
You've probably been asked billions of times where the hell you got your guitars, but...one more time wouldnt hurt, right? :D besides, this one is coming from a guy with the shittest setup imaginable, but i somehow find a way to rock out to some bodom songs..in a professional way by the way. but ive been planning on getting a jackson similar to alexis model, but i have no idea where to find one..or how much money id be spending on one...because looking at the two you had pretty much made me nut in front of my computer screen..heh. like this is me looking at your guitars: :worship:
ha, thanks dood.

well, they are stock RX10D guitars, but one is modified a little bit, and the white is modded a LOT!! the black one i just put an EMG 81 in it, painted the bevels yellow, and put golt hardware on it. The white one, i found a 24 fret DK-2 Neck from the Jackson/charvel forums, and bought a RX10D body off of ebay (it was black), i sanded it to bare wood, had the Neck Pickup hole Plugged, had the toggle switch hole plugged, and got a cut out underneath for easier access to higher frets. that was $100 for the body work. then i just painted the body, installed the electronics, and bought a REAL floyd rose for it, and there i have it, a RX10D "Custom."

im planning on doing it to the Black on also, Only ill be using a DK-1 Neck (american Made, ebony Fretboard, better binding)

ahh, damn. seems like a lot of work. but after i read it about 3 times i started thinking...hmm, why didnt i think of that? heh. im probably going to have to use your idea with the DK-2 neck, and somehow getting one on a RX10D body, because if im not playing with 24 frets i just cant play to my full potential, you get so used to them being there. im pretty much screwed when it comes to sanding it down and re-painting it though. all ive been able to find are black models. put im sure i could pay somewhere to get it done along with the neck and body parts. the floyd rose shouldnt be a problem, but im curious about getting a cut out underneath, because ive never had a problem reaching frets, but if its easier then thats another plus for the job.
i'll probably go with having the Neck Pickup hole Plugged, and the toggle switch hole plugged too. because i really enjoy the sound of just one pickup. i dont know what it is...or maybe its just in my head :err: who knows. however there is one problem with me completing this project..the state of Georgia sucks, so its gonna be pretty hard finding a place that will do that shit for me...and at a reasonable price too. obviously it will cost a good sack of change but...im not looking for anything outrageous, you know. but i do appreciate the info, ive never really had an ass kicking guitar so, this ones gotta count, :headbang: heh. anybody have any ideas on a good amp setup that will work through this? or is this just another redundant question.. :Spin: if so...my bad! i cant read every message on this thing

Goddamn...You all have some nice shit...Lots of RR models, lol.
I'm so damn inferior...
BC Rich Bronze Warlock w/ Seymour Duncan Live Wire Heavy Metal active bridge pickup (The best pickup I have ever used, I will never settle for anything else)
Shitty BC Rich 10W Practice amp...Kinda pathetic

Oh well...*hopefully* Soon to be:
ESP F Series Custom w/ Duncan LW-HMETs of course
Caparison Dellinger HGS
Caparison Horus (27 frets)
Mesa/Boogie Triaxxis Preamp
Line 6 HD-147 Head
2x Randall Titan 4x12" Cabs

-Yes, I am actually working on buying all of that, it's not just some wild dream of mine.

we have 2 5150's in the garage right now. and a 5150 cab, a MArshal JCM 900 cab, and a carvin LEgacy cab with a giant metal pentagram that my brother made in metals class attached to it.

an RR-1, RR-3 and a Y2KV for guitars. And a cheap shitty Washburn.

Also a Korg Triton Le and a Carvin 2x10 1000 watt Keyboard amp.

^WOW nice! I have a marshall Valve-state Avt 50, I like the distortion it gives. I don't need a pedal. I tried topping it with a metal zone mt-2 pedal but the combination was worse.

Ustrel said:
^WOW nice! I have a marshall Valve-state Avt 50, I like the distortion it gives. I don't need a pedal. I tried topping it with a metal zone mt-2 pedal but the combination was worse.
try a Boss SD-1 marshall (specifically a JCM 800) + Boss SD-1 = Drooling tone

Elysian893 said:
AlexisESPHasNothingOnMyJackson.jpg

my RR5, signed by Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala... has pickups from an 03 les paul standard(origional owner got an EMG 81/85 set)
then my 7... an 02 Ibanez RG7421, stock pickups, scalloped 12-24(do my own) my 6's... a 02 Ibanez RGT42, fully scalloped, Duncan JB in the neck, Duncan Seth Lover Authentic PAF reissue in the bridge, Ibanez Edge Trem, 2 way switch, 1 knob(only volume)... 04 NJ Beast(what a pile of shit, only thing worth a damn on it is the speedloader trem), 90 RG570FM(Flame Maple Top) Duncan TB4 in the bridge, 84 Yamaha, strat style, 22 fret 1 piece maple strat neck, 2 humbuckers...
for my amp... a Crate Blue Voodoo(BV-120H, before the new style with no fuckin verb and shitty tone) with a no name 4x12 cab...
for fx... boss dd-5 delay, and a boss ns-2 noise suppressor. and that is all... usually for jamming i use my vamp2, band practice i use the Blue Voodoo(gigs too duh)

changed the way i get my distortion on my blue voodoo recently... picked up a tubescreamer, and now i run the clean channel on 10 to overdrive the tubes and use the tubescreamer to push em that much more... gets on hell of a crunch! i'm digging it a lot