Your Local Metal Coffee shop...

Ideally, if this were my project, I'd want a two story building with a service counter on each floor. This way, you could either have a designated metal floor and quiet floor, or rotate between the two. This would allow you to attrack more customers by alienating as few as possible. Also, have an enclosed patio, or a covered deck, or something for those who want to sit outside, provide wireless internet and rent laptops by the hour. Of course, patrons could also bring their own laptops.

Contrary to popular belief, Colombia is not a place with cocaine spewing out of the fire hydrants.

duh-duh1233387823.jpg

The problem is, you are targetting a select (and small) group of people, as opposed to a larger more diverse group of people. So right off of the bat, you are losing possible customers. Which is why I think it's a bad idea...from a business standpoint.

Why should you target a diverse client base for something like this? There's more profit potential from a small base of customers in certain cases because you know they'll spend more than the casual shopper or people who aren't interested in metal at all.

For something like this? I'm talking about metal coffee shop vs coffee shop. Are you really going to sit there and tell me that opening a normal coffee shop has less profit potential than a coffee shop that is metal themed?

Serving good products will build a core customer base, theme or no theme.

edit: bitch

On the scene front, my understanding is there's tons of really gay metalcore from Australia, so you might get a lot of douchebags.

Are you really going to sit there and tell me that opening a normal coffee shop has less profit potential than a coffee shop that is metal themed?

Depends on the area probably. A general music themed shop will probably be more profitable than either of the two you mentioned.

Serving good products will build a core customer base, theme or no theme.

Good advertising and customer satisfaction builds a core client base as well.