Your Local Metal Coffee shop...

I think a few people have lost track, so as a reminder, it is not just a coffee shop, if it were i agree it would not profit enough, though i do believe that people not into metal might venture in just for a change of scenery.
It will be selling merch, not just the popular kind, because that's one of the problems we have here, lack of sick band merch, music, we'll offer to import stuff for those who are lazy and we can sell cool knick knacks.
The whole coffee shop (and ice cream :)) thing is just trying to make that place all the more top shit, oh and serving alcohol as well is a good idea too.
Don't think I'm keen on the double story separate floors idea, kinda defeats the purpose.
Having local bands play is a good idea, i think this was discussed earlier. It'd be awesome to have a seperate room, that we could hold stuff like that in.
I think the jukebox might clash with the other music playing, but they do look pretty cool...

and... FUCK YEAH FALSE JOE!!
When my dad told me about this, that was the first thing i thought. I love it. If we could get the dethklok coffee mugs that would be sick. :headbang:

you could have snail racing events, a pole dancing pole, wet shirt nights, sell local bands EPs, have a 'house' koala, have a car like the ghostbusters one with a logo that's also on the shop front, wear an air hostess uniform, sell concert tickets, do weird drinks like the bar where I live that does melted chocolate bars in coffee (?) and stuff.

It sounds like it could be an awesome idea, or it could fall flat. It would definitely need some sort of mainstream exposure if it were to get really popular. Aside from all the regular food and tea and coffee, maybe it'd be a good idea to have a beer garden with a small stage. It'd be ideal for starting local bands to get a little bit more exposure. Start serving alcohol after a certain time perhaps?

The last time I was in Melbourne was winter last year, and I didn't manage to check the metal scene out because I couldn't find any gigs going on. Maybe I just didn't know where to look, so definitely some online exposure. For West Australia, we have a dedicated forum & site @ www.wf.com.au. Pretty sure you'll get a good response from us Perthies. Having after parties for gigs would be an awesome idea. Possibly hold different "nights" within the week. e.g Punk night would be Tuesday, Old school metal Night on Wednesdays etc etc. And on those days, put up music DVDs and play music akin to that. It'll draw a different crowd every time but at least you know you've got a good following and it'll help to prevent tards from coming :p

I think to pull everything off well, you'd probably need a pretty big space, I think 2 floors is pushing it though.

Hrmm.. I don't know how keen I am on the 'Dead Fish Cappuccino' Idea, maybe next time you, Mr death delirium, travel to Australia, you can let me know ahead of time and I can whip some up especially for you?!?

I really like the different themed nights idea, That could be heaps of fun. If we could get everyone right into it, have people dress the part and everything, it'd be awesome. And you were saying that you didn't get to check out our metal scene... we get plenty of bands tour here, but don't even bother with the clubs. All they play is slipknot and system of a down, and they're full of wankers. I've been told to check out one which apparently is much better, but haven't yet had the chance.

My point being, if we could get this place going and get people to come, it'd be way more kick arse then anything else around here. It's awesome to hear people who are for it, and I've already had a heap of my friends say they'll work for us, or play for us etc. so hopefully we can do it.