Your most anticipated album of 2004

rahvin said:
you've done well with it. perhaps the second comma is a bit awkward, but not wrong. the first is strictly necessary.
Strictly necessary MY ARSE!

Spikkiinpuu, I'm sure there are many, many people here who will claim that your arse is not strictly necessary at all.

Spikkiinpuu!!!!? *mutters inarticulatley in rage*

my arse.....not what.... meant...... :mad:

how come you always know the right things to say?

YaYo said:
Dire Strait's album "On The Night" has been one of my favourite albums since it was released. Way back when that tour was actually happening for the previous album i went along to it without really knowing much about them, i was really young at the time but went away having really enjoyed it and have been a fan since. Private Investigations remains one of the best songs i've heard (the live version anyway). Every few months i turn back to that live cd and get blown away again, pretty amazing live production even by today's standards.

Yes!..Finnaly someone else who loves that live album! I've been listening to it since 1993, and it still blows me away everytime i hear it. My favorite tracks on it have to be Calling Elvis, Private Investigations, and Money For Nothing.
When i was a kid all i used to listen to was this live album, Money For Nothing (the album), Boston's Debut and Third Stage, a couple rock tribute albums (Rock Line 1 & 2 etc, etc..) and some other stuff like Billy Joel, Blue Oyster Cult and Judas Priest. If it wasent for all that music i wouldn't be into Metal as much as i am now. Come to think of it, this makes me want to go out and buy their greatest hits Album and/or Brothers In Arms, haha thanks for reminding me! :D

OnyxDragon98 said:
Yes!..Finnaly someone else who loves that live album! I've been listening to it since 1993, and it still blows me away everytime i hear it. My favorite tracks on it have to be Calling Elvis, Private Investigations, and Money For Nothing.
I think one of the most amazing things for that album (or for the tour/band i guess.. more generally) is how different the songs are to the originals. They've completely rewritten some of them, with seemingly even more care than when the songs were first written. All the new instruments that weren't on the original are made to fit in perfectly (ie not just playing background roles or pointlessly doodling as you might expect), and the structures of the songs are all adjusted and end up making every song better than the original in my opinion.

Such a very different attitude than the vast majority of bands who'll get up and play a song note for note like the original version, except for maybe 1 riff they'll extend or jam on.. in most cases i find those moments detract from the original song and seem more like a 2 second suggestion "hey lets jam this riff for 4 times as long" "sure!".

Yeah, i know what you mean..their live act is amazing. See i have nothing against just getting up and playing the song and thats it, but, its an big treat when they change the song for a more live-suited way. For example on the end of Calling Elvis..(or at least what was supposed to be the end) they add like 3 - 4 minutes of extra jamming/solos..and its amazing!. Private Investigations is a little boring on the the Money For Nothing album (i think thats the one) and they make it like 5x more fun/amazing/exciting on the live version.

Dire Straits remains one of the best rock band i've ever heard in my life, nothing has or ever will top them :)

Salamurhaaja said:
Agathodaimon - Serpent's Embrace

me too. but i read they would sound "modern" now, electronic/pop/industrial -like. hm, we'll hear ourselves :)

Hatesphere - Ballet of the Brute (i sooooo much envy all those who can see them live on this tour :yell: )

Twilight Ophera - The End of Halcyon Age (hopefully this year they can release the CD :rolleyes: )

i still don't have Skyfire's new CD Spectral

Aeternus - Revolution 9

Meshuggah - Catch 33 :devil:
(i hope it's this year)