your opinion on my new gear

korpse pop

Horde of Undead Vengeance
Jun 22, 2005
I have the same soundcard (audiophile 2496) and I like it alot. Very good drivers, stable, great sound quality (to my amateur ears at least), I think it ought to serve you well.

As for the Truth's, I don't know. I would guess they're better than the Panasonic Hi-Fi's speakers which I use :D

I have the 2031A. I know their limitations... I know they are definitely NOT pro, and they are not in Mackie league.

BUT. $300 vs. $1400 (new) ... that's a big factor. They are not bad by any means, I like the flex. they have to tailor to a room with high/low/mid cuts.

They are not the be all end all, but in that range I shopped around a lot and I went with them. I did not have the extra $200 to step up to a different league.

I think you will be extremely please, tmb - given the fact that I'm guessing you are upgrading from a soundblaster/on board sound card and a pair of 2W Labtec specials.... =)

Genius Gone Insane said:
....What are you recording the album with?

Drums will be recorded at professional studio.
With vocals we're using ART tube pre-amp, Senheiser 835S and AKG C2000B. Guitars and bass will unfortunately be recorded with POD unless I'll find a place for recording with a loudest amp (Marshall JCM800 2204).

EtherForBreakfast said:
I think you will be extremely please, tmb - given the fact that I'm guessing you are upgrading from a soundblaster/on board sound card and a pair of 2W Labtec specials.... =)

:D a close guess !
I'm upgrading from Creative Audigy and Philips home theatre setup.