Your opinion? What songs should my band cover?

Dude, you should do Zombie Ritual by Death
Some other cool one guitar player songs to play are
Testament - D.N.R. (You don't need to 2 guitarists to play this one and no solo)
Anything by Destruction (Nailed to the Fucking Cross), Sodom (Agent Orange),
Some early kreator, and you don't need to be able to play solos to play kreator solos, just pretend you are masturbating, and the guitar is your penis and your set.
Metallica - The 4 Hoursemen (as long as you keep out the shitty ballady midsection)
Venom - Witching Hour, by far one of the most fun songs to play
Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave, (and any other Sabbath song for that matter)

Yeah can't think of any others at the moment.

Oh yeah if you wanna play nevermore songs, totally go with What Tomorrow Knows, that song is really easy and any lead in it can be omitted because aside from the main solo it's all pretty much drowned out anyway.

buzz21 said:
I also would suggest any number of Coroner songs, but all of then have solo's that require some serious work..."Sirens" off Mental Vortex is a great one I learned most of but didn't even attempt the solo!

i would like to suggest some Coroner songs as well,
or sadus,
or Testament,
or Atheist,
or ............

:lol:

Wolftribe said:
^ knows where its at....

I know.... DMind should cover......
a song by....
LUCIFERS DARK MUFFINS!!!

NO! Bad Wolftribe! Very bad. No rep for you!

I still say Violent Revolution. And or a Death song. You can do it Will, I know you can.

Wow, this is really large font. I'm a font whore.

:Spam: ing again.

dude, even if you're not necessarily a fan of the band, its still a good song (IMO), and its not that hard to play(which is why I suggested it)

if nothing else, you could

A) take non metal songs and metalize them

OR

B) do like what I do with Peace Sells, and change it around a little . You can do it with songs you like, songs you don't like so you like them more. Its kinda like the Grateful Dead, they have a basic structure for a song, but play it different everytime.... you are the one playing the guitar after all. And as long as you think its cool, who cares?

i can imagine it now

"OOPS I DID IT AGAIN" in death/black metal vocals...
Me and cora (internaly grateful), and this kid Dan are always joking about starting a pseudo-death metal band that does covers of crappy mainstream songs and turns them into death metal...
the band will be called

"EVIL... AND STUFF"

children of bod....oh wait, you said no hard solos :p

venom - witching hour
metal.gif

the solo is way easy. i nailed it in 3 tries.