I can't decide... which of these should my band cover?

yeah, we make Bells NOT boring! i'll put a video up somewhere. yeah, i was thinking for the Bathory to be a tribute to him... do that and Pull the Plug back to back, dedicating them each to their respective authors.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
i only need one...

Candlemass - Solitude
Bathory - Nordland
Windir - Blodssvik
Sentenced - Excuse Me While I Kill Myself
Sanctuary - Communion (this will be the most difficult to do, IMO)

we're hoping to play a 2-set show soon. first set = all covers, 2nd set = all originals. right now, we have down

Death - Pull the Plug
Slayer - Raining Blood
Deicide - Biblebasher
Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls

we will be covering one from my list i have to choose from, My Dying Bride - The Raven and the Rose, and a song of Ian's choosing...

Sing "Solitude" but do it in a clean voice. It will sound better as it was written to be sung in a clean voice PLUS it will give you a chance to stretch your clean vocals. :)

dead6skin6mask6 said:
i only need one...

Candlemass - Solitude
Bathory - Nordland
Windir - Blodssvik
Sentenced - Excuse Me While I Kill Myself
Sanctuary - Communion (this will be the most difficult to do, IMO)

we're hoping to play a 2-set show soon. first set = all covers, 2nd set = all originals. right now, we have down

Death - Pull the Plug
Slayer - Raining Blood
Deicide - Biblebasher
Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls

we will be covering one from my list i have to choose from, My Dying Bride - The Raven and the Rose, and a song of Ian's choosing...
@this post: :kickass:

as for the first question. WHAT DO YOU THINK I'LL SAY?!!! Candlemass - Solitude :worship:

Will, I say skip the Bathory only because now EVERY one will have a cover of Bathory... as a tribute...

as much as I love Bathory, I think Sanctuary will be the song for you.
You love them so much, and play a cover of them will make you happy.
we both know its true :p

and who the fuck will sing the part: " ...of the mind to a higher point of reason...." or "a searh for inner Peeace!!!" :err:

I read an interview with Quorthon in which he said something along the lines of "Bathory should never be played live, its all about the studio ambience. It would be a big disgrace."

Yes, I know that they did shows very early, and this was after, obviously.

Marksveld said:
I read an interview with Quorthon in which he said something along the lines of "Bathory should never be played live, its all about the studio ambience. It would be a big disgrace."

Yes, I know that they did shows very early, and this was after, obviously.

well damn! scratch that idea

dead6skin6mask6 said:
bill can do falsetto :p

yeah, he sings on our songs now, and dows backup growls, while i pummel through our songs with mighty growls to destroy the weak! or... something like that
eeheheheeh i can hit one or two falsetto notes really well... its kind of funny

and bill... get someone else to play guitar and cover some fuckin' vehemence