Your top 5 favorite riffs.

Pantera - Shattered
At the Gates - Cold (12/8 riff)
Gamma Ray - Valley of the kings (2.05)
Gamma Ray - Future Madhouse (0.19)
Grave Digger - Hell To Pay

Children of Bodom-Follow the Reaper(intro)
Slayer-Raining Blood(Hell Yeah!:headbang: :headbang: )
Pantera-Cowboys From Hell
Pantera-Walk
Kalmah-With Terminal Intensity

Jani Laiho said:
why are they all mostly from the same 2 bands? thats like putting Bodom and Norther in the same top 5 metal bands category, it just....doesnt make any sense. have some variety

It's not my fault these guys write badass riffs, and my favorites change from time to time, and I don't see how that doesn't make any sense... and to me Norther and Children of Bodom are two different bands.

Jani Laiho said:
Bodom and Norther are two different bands? please tell me you are drunk right now:tickled:
If they were the same band, norther would have produced a shit american new metal album instead of a kickass piece of music like till death unites us.

I'd say:

Children of Bodom-Sixpounder (main riff)
Children of Bodom-Kissing the Shadows (pretty much all of it)
Porcupine Tree- Shallow
Joe Satriani- Surfing With The Alien + Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing
Opeth- The Ghost Reveries, the whole album is full of great riffs, I can't name just one from there.

There have been some great riffs mentioned here, but everyone has failed to mentioned one killer riff which is:

Annihilator - Never, Neverland (0.51)

Amazing riff.

ones I've learned lately:

Decapitated - Spheres Of Madness 00:50
Pantera - Cemetery Gates 1:34 - 2:12, pretty much all of it
Wintersun - Death And The Healing, parts
Death - Crystal mountain, all of it! :D
Hammerfall - Secrets 1:23, and the rest of it..

BloodyScalpel said:
If they were the same band, norther would have produced a shit american new metal album instead of a kickass piece of music like till death unites us.

valid point. but besides that you cant tell me that they dont sound the same.....anyway...may top 5 riffs..at the moment anyway, they change from time to time

Sonata Arctica-Wolf and Raven...Destruction Preventer is bad ass too(who i FINALLY got to meet and hang out with Saturday!!!!!:headbang: Henrik and Jani are cool as hell)

Pantera-Shattered(besides dime's riffs, you CANT tell me that phil wasnt a good vocalist...listen to this, and the end of cemetary gates, and tell me he he's not hitting some serious notes)

Bodom-Children of Decadance

Skid Row-Youth Gone Wild...that one or Monkey Buisness

Megadeth- Tornado of Souls / Skin o My Teeth