I Need A New Favorite Band

The Bringer

Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
Okay so my favorite band has been Children of Bodom since 2001. I was a huge fan, enjoyed seeing them live twice... The third time, not so much. I've started seeing kids wearing shirts and complimenting me on my shirts when I am out. I'm actually starting to really not like it. The band is slowly moving towards "angst teen" and father from playing for the sake of having skills.

So anyways, now that my love for Bodom is slowly coming down... I need a new favorite band!

Currently Amon Amarth and Hypocrisy is leading into that spot. I've listened to Hypocrisy for about 3-4 years now and really enjoy them but I find myself listening to them more often. Amon Amarth really grabbed my attention from the show with CoB.

I want to know what everyone elses favorite bands are so I can take a look around at the options. Thanks! :D

(If this thread sucks like my last ones, sorry):oops:

Your love for Bodom shouldn't decline based on the new audience that COB is attracting but rather on your own personal taste.

X Japan!

Listen to...."X"....."Silent Jelousy" and then tell me what you think about it.

Elysian893 said:
its only natural, you must go my route, where you have no real "favorite" metal band, but you like many a lot, most a lot more than cob.

Come on think about it, there's one that you like more than the others, maybe you have more cds from them, or you've been to more concerts that any other bands, whatever it is, there's gotta be something that makes one of those bands on your list stick out.

Wings of a dream said:
Come on think about it, there's one that you like more than the others, maybe you have more cds from them, or you've been to more concerts that any other bands, whatever it is, there's gotta be something that makes one of those bands on your list stick out.
can't say there is really... i listen to opeth, nevermore, archeon, amon amarth the most, but i'd say i listen to those all an equal amount, just depends on my mood.

That is what my friend is like. He can't decide what his favorite band is so he always says "Uhhh, all of them." (In Flames, CoB, AA, Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, etc.)

Ohhh Sonata Arctica I love them too. But it's still going to be Hypocrisy or Amon Amarth.... Or maybe all 3 :D

I'm getting some X Japan right now.

Try listening to a lot more death metal. I assume you know who Dark Tranquillity is, they are leaps and bounds better than COB.

Yeah I love both those bands. I've never considered them to be my favorites though because I don't listen to Ensiferum enough and Wintersun only has one album... But damn good.

Nevermore! Yes, I like Nevermore. Although EoR is easily one of my most hated albums ever. TGE easily made up for it :p