your top five death metal bands

Opeth
Necrophagist
Demilich
At the Gates
Bloodbath

I noticed that nobody else has Demilich on their list. I highly recommend this band. Their sound is unique, technical, extremely heavy, and innovative (especially considering that it's from the early '90s). And the vocals are inhumanly low...and well-executed.

They have their entire album up for download (for free) at the official site (anentity.com/demilich/).

The best list ever imagined to be exact. Krisiun is the weak link in that list though I must say...but they have this thing called "double bass"??!?! That's really cool as hell...I must say I am impressed with the feet skillz ov that man. But all I hear is noiz besides that LOOOOOOOOllll111!!!111twenty four

But in all seriousness...

1.Grave
2.Unleashed
3.Death
4.Suffocation (especially with the new album...fucking amazing)
5.Hypocrisy

That's for right now...Grave really came back with a solid pissed off record...New Unleashed is kinda back to what they were, but still light years ahead of their 2 previous records.....Death..well...very necessary in a Death Metal top 5...Chuck ist God....Suffocation...Enough said....And Hypocrisy have just been a solid favorite of mine whether Brutal Death or Melodic Death, they always have some good shit (maybe not Catch 22 so much though.)

In no Particular order
The Crown
At The Gates
Carcass
Behemoth
If we're calling Opeth Death metal then them, otherwise Vader

Pan.Thy.Monium gets honorable mention...fucking messed up