What are your top 5 favorite Grind bands?

swizzlenuts said:
Lykathea Aflame?

Well, they're deathgrind but if that counts, then it's a favorite alright
Add Wicked Innocence and Cadaver in that case and
edit:and Gorguts, I suppose
It's difficult for me to draw the line between straight grind, deathgrind and ordinary tech death so I'll just stay out of this thread

Wicked Innocence is not grind, they're too slow and complex. Wicked Innocence and Demigod are pretty slow but are intricate so they don't sound like obituary,etc... it's a different slower/middle paced with some speedburts(like say demilich). Grind is not gloomy or atmospheric nor has any form of melody/harmony in some form.

Gorguts grind ?

what the hell

grind is like repulsion, older napalm death, terrorizer, and brutal truth.

The Greys said:
Wicked Innocence is not grind, they're too slow and complex. Wicked Innocence and Demigod are pretty slow but are intricate so they don't sound like obituary,etc... it's a different slower/middle paced with some speedburts(like say demilich). Grind is not gloomy or atmospheric nor has any form of melody/harmony in some form.

Gorguts grind ?

what the hell

grind is like repulsion, older napalm death, terrorizer, and brutal truth.

But all these bands I mentioned have traces of grind in their sound. I never said there were pure grind. Either that or I confuse deathgrind with overly technical death. Let's put it to rest. I'm not well-versed in this subject

Carcass - Reek
Bolt Thrower - In Battle There is No Law
Brutal Truth - Kill Trend Suicide
County Medical Examiners - Forensic Fugues
Onanizer - S/T