What are your top 5 favorite Grind bands?

Bolt Thrower had tinges of grind carried over to their later albums though. I don't think Carcass were ever 100% pure grind either, even on their debut.

hibernal_dream said:
Bolt Thrower had tinges of grind carried over to their later albums though. I don't think Carcass were ever 100% pure grind either, even on their debut.

I never ever thought Carcass was grind, I also don't Bolt Thrower are grind either.

And grind(core) tends never to be serious (coughanalcuntcough), and has earned the core by having most of the sub-genre blow (metalCORE) (hardCORE) (mallCORE) (gothenCORE) etc.

MetalNoob said:
I never ever thought Carcass was grind, I also don't Bolt Thrower are grind either.

And grind(core) tends never to be serious (coughanalcuntcough), and has earned the core by having most of the sub-genre blow (metalCORE) (hardCORE) (mallCORE) (gothenCORE) etc.

Well, now we are getting into the subgenre thing with this as well. Carcass are (well, used to be, before they started to suck hard) GOREgrind. Which certainly falls under the whole grind umbrella. Early Bolt Thrower was kind of grind, but then they pretty much turned straight out death metal.

Regardless, if the non-seriousness of some grind bothers you, here are some great bands that are more "serious":

PHOBIA
DISGORGE
BRUTAL TRUTH
INFECTED FLESH
ROTTEN SOUND
NASUM
SQUASH BOWELS
THE RAVENOUS

Mike

MetalNoob said:

False, untrue and gay. You're really wrong, too.