Your Top Worst Album Productions

Terminus

Apr 19, 2009
I was looking through my collection today and there are some real shitters in there. My top 3 worst album productions that I own:

1. Aghora - Formless

Sounds terrible, the music is killer but the guitars are weird sounding and grainy.

2. Solefald - Neonism

Skogsberg style no doubt, but it's thin and lacks any punch.

3 Entombed - To Ride Straight...

Suffers from the same thing as the Solefald album, thin and no heaviness to it. Good songs, though.

I could probably go on but in the interest of reading your tops, I shall refrain. This thread is in no way meant to belittle the bands themselves, only their misfortune of having bad production syndrome on an album.

At The Gates - Red In the Sky.../With Fear I Kiss...

One sounds weak/too roomy, the other is sharper than bejesus and there's 0 bass. Great albums though.

Incredible album ruined.....

DAT KICK :worship:

I actually like how utterly retarded the guitars sound on Molesting the Decapitated (see 1:25)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage:

I can't listen to the album because of the guitars. I usually love HM-2 tones and I love most of the songs but the sound is just too bad...

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse:

Typical old black metal album which sounds like absolute gash, but the music is phenomenal.

Oh, and St. Anger is obviously the worst sounding album in history...

Ulver - Nattens Madrigal

Tops every list for me. If you can listen to it for longer than 5 seconds, you're a much stronger man than I.

Surely that's an extremely successful production though, they wanted it to sound raw as fuck. Mission accomplished.

Ulver - Nattens Madrigal

Tops every list for me. If you can listen to it for longer than 5 seconds, you're a much stronger man than I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57pPK9LIa34

ahhhhh yes, I remember this little gem

bought it, walked out to my car, popped it in, was in the aprking lot for 1/2 hour trying to figure out what was wrong with my speakers, stereo

popped it in my discman, listened on headphones for a few minutes, walked back in and sold it back

fuck that disc

I was looking through my collection today and there are some real shitters in there. My top 3 worst album productions that I own:

1. Aghora - Formless

Sounds terrible, the music is killer but the guitars are weird sounding and grainy.

lol I used to play in Aghora. I never liked that guitar sound either. I dunno why Santi is so into the Madison's I think they sound like shit especially when palm muting.

My vote goes for Extol's Undeceived album. There is so much high end in this album that my ears literally hurt after a few songs. A shame cuz I like them.

Hammerheart and To ride, shoot straight... , Nightside eclipse and Resurrection through carnage sound perfectly fitting for their style.

Nattens Madrigal on the other hand sounds just like 'wft' except for the acoustic guitar as Loki stated :)

I remember "Dragons from the North" from Einherjer sounded extremely ear piercing.