YouTube gems

That first video could be used like "Scared Straight" to keep kids off of dope. I'd rather face the Tossed Salad Man than turn into that dude. :lol:

SS

Hehe!! No shit, that's what he looked like when I saw him live. Dude was a walking trainwreck... Part of his legend... little known that it is. Sid Viciuous and him are now having tea and scones in hell together...:lol:

WTF??? What was that? Judy Garland Overdrive? :lol: That broad bakes Tarja sound like David Coverdale.

But really, was that serious?

SS

ppic-therion.jpg

LOL It's kind of serious and kind of not. I totally dig Therion. But this song is not what they usually do. IT the poppy version of Therion, doing poppy covers and making them their own.

The music in the video is very similar to Therion's style at times, but this was done for an ABBA Metal Tribute where bands were covering ABBA tunes. Then the video is completely bizzare, but that's what I like about it.

Therion always uses full choirs in their music, for 3 straight albums that's all they used for vocals. Much of the time they tour with a 6-8 piece choir and two male lead vocalists.
therion%2002site.jpg

They started off as an awesome and full on death Metal Band then drifted into a heavy neo-classical band with a mix full choir vocals and Male lead vocals, then full on Choir vocals for a few albums, then back to the mix of vocal styles for the last 3 or 4 albums. Now Christofer Johnsson has booted everybody out and is going to start over. I'm really interested in where Therion goes from here.
20070201_therion__bloo_z11.jpg

20070201_therion__bloo_z16.jpg

therion.jpg

Jax called me a goat the other day because I'll eat anything... Well I'm musical goat too... :lol::lol:

LOL It's kind of serious and kind of not. I totally dig Therion. But this song is not what they usually do. IT the poppy version of Therion, doing poppy covers and making them their own.

The music in the video is very similar to Therion's style at times, but this was done for an ABBA Metal Tribute where bands were covering ABBA tunes. Then the video is completely bizzare, but that's what I like about it.
Ahhh...ABBA. Now the song makes sense.

Therion always uses full choirs in their music, for 3 straight albums that's all they used for vocals. Much of the time they tour with a 6-8 piece choir and two male lead vocalists.

They started off as an awesome and full on death Metal Band then drifted into a heavy neo-classical band with a mix full choir vocals and Male lead vocals, then full on Choir vocals for a few albums, then back to the mix of vocal styles for the last 3 or 4 albums. Now Christofer Johnsson has booted everybody out and is going to start over. I'm really interested in where Therion goes from here.

I'll have to check out some of the early stuff.

Jax called me a goat the other day because I'll eat anything... Well I'm musical goat too... :lol::lol:

:lol: Classic! :lol:

SS

Hey Steve, For your edification... hehe

Progpower next week!!!!

Old Therion

Them Playing one of their songs from the late 90s

And one of my favorite of their newer stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Steve, wassup man...
No doubt, you never know what's coming next with them. Well sort of, they have evolved somewhat slowly but they keep evolving.
Same with Anathema another band that has changed from a deathy band and evolved into a moody progrock/metal band.

"Forever Moving, Forever Changing"

Death Angel

Maybe Metallica can learn from Fates Warning and Joey Vera... When you add a world class bass player to your line up, do not be afraid to let him be heard!

Last edited by a moderator: