yt: Bogner Uberkab vs. Mesa Recto (Parker Fly Deluxe)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
My new Parker has just arrived...if you haven't played one there's no point in describing how amazing this guitar is...lowest action ever, it's like you don't even have to play yourself.
I thought the DiMarzio Tone Zone would suck, but it's actually not that bad, not even sure if I have to replace it, sounds kinda neat...

Anyways, here's a comparison of the Mesa Recto 4x12 and the Bogner Ubercab 4x12 both are single mic'd with an sm57 (on the Bogner I mic'd the v30 only):

Both are double tracked, I added a "combined" track in the end which is quadtracked, so it's actually out of the competition, just added it for fun

I'm a huge fan of the MEsa's smoothness for modern tones, but if you're looking for brutal DM tones the Bogner just sounds meaner I think

Last edited by a moderator:
ive always been interested in the parker but never knew what to think about it and how it would do in a metal context so this is very helpful (dl now to take a listen). The cab comparison is neat as well thanks a lot Lasse!

The combination of the two sounds fantastic. The Mesa's always sound great but I am surprised by the Bogner, it def has its own thing going on. More upper mid bite for sure. Cool stuff Lasse

Those 2 combined = wow! Great sound combo Lasse. My JCR reamp should be delivered today so I can do my own vaguely similar test, Ubershcall vs Dual Rec to - Bogner V30 cab/Marshall g12t75 Cab/Blackheart Redcoats. And just for fun maybe run through my bass players emperor cabs.

God damn, I miss my old Parker Nitefly. The Recto cab has an awesome aggressive punch, and the Bogner has an awesome meaty roar. The combo s just absurdly great. Now I want an Uberkab too...

This forum is bad for my wallet :|

This is a pretty great comparison. Thanks! I like the combo best as well. I have had both of these cabs. I still have the Uberkab. Part of me wishes I still had the mesa as well!