YT: Diezel VH4 - Metal

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
Dear friends,

I recently had a brief sexual relationship with a Diezel VH4.
God DAAAAUMN that amp is brutal sounding. Fucking love it. I will get another shot at recording it later this spring(I only borrowed it for one night so it was quite hectic to get everything recorded).

Last edited by a moderator:
yay I get to borrow it again this weekend. Success!!

Thanks guys... Yeah the channel 3 is WAY better for rhythm playing than ch 4.

And about pissing on DAR, we'll see about that when their new amp series are coming(mine comes in february)

Seriously Ola, would you dare to record yourself through a Powerball or any other well known amp for it's shittyness? I bet my nuts it would still sound awesome.

dude there is nothing wrong with the poweball. I owned one once, can't believe the beating it gets in this forum. :tickled:

So I would gladly do a test with one, but I know what it sounds like, I would rather test something I haven't tried, like the invader.

yay I get to borrow it again this weekend. Success!!

Thanks guys... Yeah the channel 3 is WAY better for rhythm playing than ch 4.

And about pissing on DAR, we'll see about that when their new amp series are coming(mine comes in february)

yep, still would sound awesome, it's really in Olas playing I think.
that also explains why he can't see the amount of suck the PB squirts out....cause I bet it still sounded great when Ola played through it.

Ola: you're even a bigger amp whore than me ;)

that also explains why he can't see the amount of suck the PB squirts out....cause I bet it still sounded great when Ola played through it.

I had to find an old Subcyde demo(where I used the powerball) to listen to it:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3423189/Subcyde-03-Sacred_Scars.mp3

Note that I had far less experience in recording amps at this time(think it was 2003-2004)

You're more like an amp pimp since you own(have owned) every other amp out there. :D

Sounds brutal indeed, and I second the vote for the Invader. I loved it when I tried it last year, I was pleasantly surprised.

Amp slut, not like he's getting paid :D

I owned the VH4 (with EL34) for 2 years. Didn''t play it myself but one of my guitarplayers did.
There is a lot of compression on channel 3 and 4, but in the rehearsalroom the huge grit of the VH4 sound was always there.

Try a tubescreamer/overdrivepedal in front of channel 3 or 4, hear how the VH4 reacts different then with the standard recto/marshal/5150.

Oh, and if you a guitar with a very vintage pickup, try channel 4, you can still get a nice palmmute out of it.

Woah, what an odd sound on the tremelo picking riff. You guys also getting that? It's got this 'sqawk' type sound to the attack.

Nice work btw. One of the best Diezel clips I heard. An old client of mine bought a Herbert not long ago, and sold it almost immediately because it was too fizzy and sterile for him.

dude there is nothing wrong with the poweball. I owned one once, can't believe the beating it gets in this forum. :tickled:

So I would gladly do a test with one, but I know what it sounds like, I would rather test something I haven't tried, like the invader.

I would REALLY love to hear you playing ENGLs again Ola (with your moist 'current settings', let's say). Specially the SE!!

I wouldn't mind hearing you on a Coreblade, either ;)

Woah, what an odd sound on the tremelo picking riff. You guys also getting that? It's got this 'sqawk' type sound to the attack.QUOTE]

Picking attack. Ola I just now realized you've got banana thumb. Rob Barrett from Cannibal Corpse holds his pick the same way. I did it for years but within the last three years or so started to do it the normal way. It's not wrong per se but it promotes the weird rubbing of the pick sound on faster shit. You've probably got me set on ignore so this is for everyone else who likes Ola's stuff.

Same thing. Carry on. Good vid btw.

Last edited by a moderator: