YT: Mini Recto

Much better than I thought it'd be.

Still don't ever see myself spending a grand for a 25w Recto unless they go for like $400 used.

Sounds tighter than a Dual. I would've believed that the tone is a Dual though. How loud is it? I bet Mesa 25W is louder than Peavey 250W. :D

Sounds nice but everything sounds nice on your hands, man lol Sounds very recto-ish

If they sold new for AUD 999 I'd snatch one up in no time, but I'll bet my left testicle it'll cost at least $1500 here, in which case you're again in used dual rec territory.

Edit: $4,195 RRP, $2399 sale price. FUCK NO.

I could buy a fucking second hand triple rec for that price. Goddamn, what a joke!

If they sold new for AUD 999 I'd snatch one up in no time, but I'll bet my left testicle it'll cost at least $1500 here, in which case you're again in used dual rec territory.

I could buy a fucking second hand triple rec for that price. Goddamn, what a joke!

Australian gear prices literally make me want to punch someone.

Now that's just madness. It's around 1200e here and I thought even that was pushing it.

Nice video as always man! Is the song in a different tuning for this one?

The amp itself doesn't do much for me. It's flat & fuzzy sounding, but without any of the grind and scoop I expect from a Recto. That price just makes it a silly purchase for most.

A friend of mine just said it best. The Mr Hector is better at being a Rectifier than this thing is.

Sounds tight, but I still like your Roadster the most :headbang:

At around 2:04 the stops sound edited, but then from 2:24, I can hear the springs... Is that on purpose?

Btw you look very thin on that vid :lol:

I agree with Ermz, a bit flat and fuzzy.
But yet, despite that, it actually sounds BETTER than I expected it too. Was expecting something quite a bit looser.
I'm getting the feeling that this amp's biggest strength would be it's usability and transportability as a rehearsal amp.
I imagine for those not hitting the gym/don't have beefy and strong forearms and grip strength from manual labor must find it an absolute cunt of a thing to have to haul the full sized Dual/Triples around.
Enter the 25 watt Mini. Loud enough and sounds good enough for rehearsals and so much easier to carry around.

Shame about the price tag in Australia though, as always :erk:

^Honestly, the Dual/Triple Recto is one of the lightest full sized heads I've ever lifted, but I get your point :p

Anything beats carrying around my Herbert. Fucking Diezel made that thing as heavy as humanly possible, I swear.

Went to the same store that wants to sell me an EVH5150 mini for $1500 (very reasonable price since it's $999 in the US) and asked them how much the Mesa mini would cost. Said they're planning to roll them out at $2300 as well. Such a fucking joke that distributors can get away with such huge markups. US RRP: $999. AUS RRP: $4195. FOUR HUNDRED FUCKING PERCENT cannot be justified next to dollar parity, even when you compare base wages and living conditions between US and AUS. It's just plain fucked.