ZANEX checking in ( I have a Queensryche question and a message for ledmag)

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Zanex stopping by, hope all is well. Anxiously awaiting ENEMIES OF REALITY. Ledmag, I called last Friday, was going to try to make it to Irvine but shit happens (work, girlfriend, people owing me $money, etc...) I'm going to Queensryche/Dream Theater/Fates Warning this Friday July 18, 2003 and going to see Double Drive at A1A in Lexington on Monday July 21, 2003 with Presence and Ra for $8 (not bad). I've heard of Presence and Ra, but not any of their music. To me, Double Drive is a good hard rock band in the vein of Zeppelin, Old Van Halen, older Aerosmith, etc.. DD has opened for Queensryche, so they cant be that bad.

Speaking of Queensryche, I read somwewhere that the touring guitarist taking Chris Degarmo's place is Mike Stone. Does anyone know who he is? I searched online and found links to the Seattle band BRAD and Power Of Soul. Any info is appreciated.

Got the new Type O Negative and it is hit and miss, some good songs , some bad songs. May I recommend the new David Lee Roth C.D. "Diamond Dave". It's not metal but its interesting. Dave covers The Doors "Soul Kitchen," Beatles "Tomorrow Never Knows", Hendrix's "If 6 Were 9", and Steve Miller Band's "Shu-Du-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma" (or something like that) along with a few originals and Savoy Brown covers. Well, enough for now. Cheers.

Ledmag, I'll try to make it to Irvine July 25, 2003. Let me know if this is alright.

From Blabbermouth.net

QUEENSRŸCHE Touring Guitarist MIKE STONE: 'Hey, Someone's Got To Pay The Bills' - July 11, 2003
The newest member of QUEENSRŸCHE, touring guitarist Mike Stone (ex-KLOVER, CRAIG GOLDIE'S RITUAL, JONAS HANSSON BAND, CRISS), played around Boston during the '90s (first in a group with former members of GANG GREEN and then fronting his own band) before moving back to the Midwest a few years ago to start a family. Wednesday night (July 9) he returned to Boston with QUEENSRŸCHE, who performed with DREAM THEATER at the FleetBoston Pavilion. "Basically, I knew their manager, and several months ago he called me and said, 'What are you doing this summer?' " Stone told the Boston Globe. "I said, 'Let me check with my wife,' and here I am. Hey, someone's got to pay the bills.

Hope that helps...I'm gonna be at the SF show, despite the disappointing lack of Queen of the Reich, Walk In the Shadows & Take Hold of the Flame in most of the setlists I've seen. The encore is definitely worth sticking around for.

ZANEX said:
Thanks for the info Pyrus. I would love to hear "Gonna Get Close To You" live. But, I'll just keep on wishing.

I have a bootleg from the Rage For Order tour. They do gonna get close to you on that and it sounds really good. :)

I really with Ryche would find a real guiatr player to tour with, that guy was terrible. His tone was the worst. :erk:
But the new CD sounds pretty good so far. :p

DreamNeonBlack said:
I have a bootleg from the Rage For Order tour. They do gonna get close to you on that and it sounds really good. :)

I really with Ryche would find a real guiatr player to tour with, that guy was terrible. His tone was the worst. :erk:
But the new CD sounds pretty good so far. :p

Damn I cannot type. HA HA