ZANEX stopping by with random thoughts....

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Hello to all, hope everyone is doing well.

*The Metallica MTV icon was pretty weak, I thought. In my opinion Sum 41 sucked, Avril Lavigne (spelling ?) sucked, etc... However, Staind (or two members od Staind, Aaron and Mike) doing "Nothing Else Matters" was interesting as was Limp Bizkit's take on "Sanitarium". And I hate Limp Bizkit and despise Fred Durst.
*Glad to see HEADBANGERS BALL on again. Now if they would play better videos, but beggars can't be choosers. I did enjoy Shadows Fall "Destroyer of Senses", B.L.S. "Stillborn", and classic Suicidal Tendencies "You Can't Bring Me Down". One Question though, what's all the hype about the Datsuns? I don't understand, just another mediocre band to me. Someone please Explain.
*Saw a video from Hammerfall "Hearts on Fire" and they have got to be the CHEESIEST band I've heard. I do respect them for trying to "KEEP THE METAL FAITH ALIVE" but the lyrics (hearts on fire/burning with desire) just struck me as pure cheese. Sorry if I offended any Hammerfall fans.
*Just found out the QUEENSRYCHE/DREAM THEATER/FATES WARNING TOUR is coming near (ANNIE'S in Cincinnati, Ohio on Friday July 18, 2003) I'm planning on going. Ledmag, f you see this post and are interested in going let me know.
*What I've been listening to lately:
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY/BLESSED HELLRIDE-KICK ASS. ENOUGH SAID.
VOIVOID-SAME THING. KICK ASS.
DOUBLEDRIVE/BLUE IN THE FACE-not really metal, but good hard rock and songwriting. To me a heavier and better Candlebox. They've also opened for QUEENSRYCHE.
ANTHRAX/WE'VE COME FOR YOU ALL- only listened to once and not that impressed. Hit and miss, some songs good, others questionable. I'll listen to it again before I make an opinion.
GODSMACK/FACELESS-go ahead an flame me, but I like them. this album is decent, but I think AWAKE is there best effort and they are great LIVE.

Enough for now. CHEERS.

I've only listened through the new anthrax once as well.. and i agree... ehh it has some good things on it... but overall it didn't impress me like I was hoping it would ..

.. Queensrÿche / Dream Theater / Fates warning .. !!

hell yay, I'm so excited for this tour :D :D

as for new Voivod and BLS albums kicking ass .. perhaps.... but they've had much better...

cheers!

I thought Metallica was good live on MTV Icon, doing a medley of songs. Robert Trujillo is a great bass player. I've seen him live with Suicidal Tendencies and Ozzy. Hopefully, he will light a fire under the rest of Metallica's ass.

Oh yeah Dream Theater/Queensryche!!!

I like Hammerfall, but they're good in moderation only. They keep putting out album after album that's "Previous Album Part 2, 3, etc."

As far as Icon goes...I only saw a little news bit on M2. Just short little 10 second bits from the performances, but I thought Korn sounded awesome.

Korn probably did sound awesome for litle ten-second bits, but they sucked overall...you can't slap-bass on One, and Jon Douchebag is a whiny, whiny bitch. The only thing worth seeing was Metallica.

I liked Legacy of Kings for what it was, but their other stuff is weak.

No DeGarmo = No Rÿche show for me. I had finally made up my mind to go and try not to fall asleep during Dream Theater, but it's not worth the ticket money with a replacement guitarist.

yea it is disappointing that degarmo won't be there ... :cry: :cry: ...

but, but .. fates warning!!

I wasn't so determined on ever having to deal with another dream theater concert in my lifetime, but at least this time I'll have a chair, ha ha ha :D

Hey other bands play MANOWAR KILL!!! Ha. Ha. I have some early Manowar on tape, some of its alright and there is good musicianship, but after seeing the Hell On Earth/Wheels home video, they're hard to take seriously, especially Joey DeMaio (the bass player). Good bass player, Asshole person.