Zeitgiest, the Movie

panzerfaust666

German Asshole
Feb 24, 2007
Kelowna,B.C. Canada
Im sure this has been done here before.
But,
any of you guys watch the movie Zeitgeist?What did you think of it? Over all perception of the film?

If you haven seen it, go here and let it load;then, in peace, watch the entire movie.
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

I myself thought it was an incredible, eye opening movie.

I only like the religion part. Other than that (and actually including some of it), meh.

38 minutes in and the narrator has bludgeoned me with the slightly more than obvious fact that Christianity is heavily related to the religions and myths that came before it. I am still wondering what the point is, or where he is going with all this.

It really is an incredible piece of film-making.

I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but outside of a well edited Vertovian/Eisensteinian introduction I see nothing incredible about this film from a formal or aesthetic perspective.

Edit: Got bored and stopped watching as I don't really give a fuck about conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11 (though I am well aware of the factual inconsistencies surrounding the event)

All conspiracies are absurd until you realize that - shit this country was created via a conspiracy.

Some of the more outlandish ones are really laughable though.

I'm not saying the 9/11 conspiracy has a backbone, but then people like you will jump off of the platform of that one not having one to none of them having one.

After further review I think he is saying that people like me will say that since the 9/11 conspiracy theory is bogus then all other conspiracy theories are bogus. In response I shall quote myself again:

"The legitimacy of one conspiracy theory is irrelevant to the legitimacy of another."

I am by no means a denouncer of religion or a conspiracy theorist, although such arguments intrigue me. Consequently, a friend of mine provided me with a link to a movie called "Zeitgiest". The movie argues against Christianity, 9/11, and the government's overall objectives stemming from 9/11.

The movie is just under two hours and can be viewed at this location:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm

I thoroughly enjoyed it! If anyone else has either seen the movie or decides to watch it, please let me know what you think. Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed...