Zombies Ate My Neighbors

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
yeah, so i was at work tonight and i was walking down the hall and i noticed a TV cart. on it were various videotapes, games, and an ol' sega genesis. i stopped to look through the box of games for nostalgia's sake and i noticed that the game someone had left in the console was called Zombies Ate My Neighbors. i couldnt fucken believe that. i decided right then and there that i was going to be the next owner of Zombies Ate My Neighbors but alas, people kept watching me. by the time i decided to just grab it, someone had moved the whole thing right next to the nurses station. next time maybe....

anyway, i've NEVER heard of that game and i cant even imagine what it must be like. does anyone have any insight for me?

its actually not as good as it sounds

pretty basic, top view shooter

not too complex or exciting, its like, kids run around with water guns and shoot zombies and collect babies... I never bothered to play it for more than a level or two

the graphics are decent I seem to recall, well.. good for genesis, but I played it on SNES and games that were great on genesis didn't seem to come across as the same quality when on the SNES.

It rules. Very good game, at least for the SNES, never tried the Genesis version. You walk around trying to rescue various neighbours from being killed by various horror movie-style monsters, and there are about 200000000000 different weapons you can get (the water gun is just the first, basic one.) Very fun for two players, but practically IMPOSSIBLE -- it gets REALLY REALLY REALLY difficult after a while.

I second what Erik said. Awesome game. A friend of mine had it and when he moved away, he gave it to me and another friend to share. I still have it today somewhere and remember it being incredibly awesome. There is actually a lot to do on that game and the graphics are nice. Like Erik said, you control a couple of kids who find various weapons and attempt to vaporize monsters to save other people from certain doom. You go to a number of places including a grocery store and an old Egyptian style tomb. I also seem to remember some crazy, almost invincible guys chasing us around with chainsaws on some level and it does get real hard later on.

Dude, those chainsaw dudes are really scary... It's in those levels with hedges, they just suddenly burst through the hedges with the chainsaw and you go all OMGWTF and drop everything and run for your life

so like, could someone tell me a good snes emulator?

i miss playing demon's crest and i lost my super nintendo chaumers some years ago. :(

awesome. i might "borrow" that game next time i'm at that hospital. only problem is i dont have a genesis.

btw: the only thing ive ever stolen was an issue of FHM from a doctors sleeping room. i figured id just put it back after i was done reading it. that was like 6 months ago.

well I stand corrected, sounds like this game had a lot more to offer than running around people's yards with water guns... I'll have to try it out again, since thats all I remembered of it from my SNES days.

speaking of scary chainsaw dudes, I remember playing FRIDAY THE 13TH THE VIDEO GAME on something.... NES maybe? and randomly I'd be walking around doing whatever it is you do in that game and ....

JASON WOULD COME RUNNING OUT OF NOWHERE AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I had to give up playing it for fear of having a heart attack.

Chromatose said:
speaking of scary chainsaw dudes, I remember playing FRIDAY THE 13TH THE VIDEO GAME on something.... NES maybe? and randomly I'd be walking around doing whatever it is you do in that game and ....

JASON WOULD COME RUNNING OUT OF NOWHERE AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I had to give up playing it for fear of having a heart attack.
hahahahaha yes!!! awful awful game but that part ruled!

my favorite scary game was splatterhouse. YESSSSS!!!!

splatterhouse.jpg

pce5.gif

pce9.gif

redmask4.jpg

redmask2.jpg

:headbang:

Erik said:
Dude, those chainsaw dudes are really scary... It's in those levels with hedges, they just suddenly burst through the hedges with the chainsaw and you go all OMGWTF and drop everything and run for your life

:tickled: Yeah, those guys are pretty terrifying and fast as hell too. It's like being in a horror movie trying to run around the hedge maze and the BOOM, the asshole comes tearing through the hedges with a chainsaw. I don't recall how to beat that level, maybe we never did. Damnit, now I'm gonna have to go play that game. :tickled:

Last edited:
Reactions: SonOfNun