Guess new Dream Theater drummer-win a prize.

mel_progson

Dec 10, 2006
Oz
Ok so theres no prize other than bragging rights, but you have one guess. Who is it?

I know this is probably a shitty time to make this thread as most people here are in Atlanta, but what the hell? Wanted to get in incase DT pull a quick announcement.

I'll say John Macaluso.

Bobby Jarzombek, although I think Chris Quirarte (Redemption, Prymary) would also be an excellent fit.

Truthfully, I cannot imagine DT with anyone other than Portnoy behind the kit. It just won't be the same.

Aquiles is a monster no doubt. I'd think they'd stick with a US native though. The other guesses so far have been good. Jarzombek would def be a good fit me thinks.

I would suspect that Mike Mangini could be involved in the next album recording. Peter Wildoer wouldn't surprise me either.

I love the suggestion of John Macaluso, that would be killer.

For some reason Joey Jordison keeps coming to mind. Different style, but an amazing drummer nonetheless that would most definitely be a suitable replacement.

Since they know Quirarte, I could see him doing it. He's one of my favorites in the genre. Obviously they know Mac too, and that's a possibility. I don't see Bobby doing it, due to his other commitments, but it is possible.

For some reason Joey Jordison keeps coming to mind. Different style, but an amazing drummer nonetheless that would most definitely be a suitable replacement.

He's already involved with Rob Zombie and Murderdolls, not to mention Slipknot if they do decided to continue. As Cowboys said, that would be a major paycut.

I would guess it'e either going to be Bobby Jarzombek or Mark Zonder. If I had to choose between both I would say Zonder has a better chance since Jarzombek is busier.

I am going with Rod Morganstien. Don't think he is doing anything else outside of Winger these days. Plus the connection with Jordan doing the Dixie Dregs...