Guess the 2011 Line-up. Win a prize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noren

Pixel coordinator
Jan 9, 2002
Alingsås, Sweden
www.progart.com
I'm stealing this from ProgPower USA. They had a guessing game before the line-up was announced.

Rules:
* Guess which 15 bands will play PP Europe 2011.
* Only one message/person in this thread.
* You are allowed to change your message/line-up until the first band is announced. Then the guessing is closed and we start to count correct answers.
* You can start to just add a few bands now and add more later, but remember that the first bands can be announced tomorrow... we don't know, so it's a good idea to have 15 names already at an early stage.
* I will arrange some kind of prize for the winner, but I will add my own list and If I'm the winner I'll keep the prize :)
* If 2 or more persons have the same amount of correct answers the person with a correct band highest up in the list will win, which means that you should add the names you think most likely will play on top of your list.

So.. let the game begin!

Nobody wants to be the first one, huh? :p:Smokin:
Ah well, I´ll try:
Empty Tremor
The Barstool Philosophers
Disperse
Threshold
Seventh Wonder
Appearance of Nothing (hopefully their new album is out by then)
IQ
Dreyelands
Vanden Plas
Animations
Star One (one can dream, right?)
Anthriel
Pallas
Votum
Division By Zero
Not only is it possible, it´s DAMN good too! :yow:

Edited 16th of December

Stefan

Thanks for staring Stefan. I will probably change mine a few times but here we go..

Barstool Philosophers ( There are always some Dutch bands booked. I'm actually surprised they weren't booked already this year)
Pantommind (I already saw on facebook that Drago would attend the event, so if the organisation won't let him play I would call it an "Epic fail")
Dakrya (Akphaezya kicked ass last year, I think Dakrya could do the same. Nothing I could stand on CD but I bet they will kick ass live)
The Shadow Theory (Devon Graves, Kristoffer Gildenlöw and Johanne James. This band basically got the word "ProgPower" tattoed on their forehead)
Devin (Because it's time again... he might be too big now but I would gladly pay some extra for the ticket to see him again!)
Votum (Can't say I like them very much myself, but I know many other does so I wouldn't be surprised to see them this year)
Disperse (Stefan told me about this Polish band at this years festival and what I have heard so far is amazing. We have seen Riverside twice already so now it's time to drag Disperse into the spotlight)
Aspera (They couldn't make it this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were asked to come in 2011 instead)
Circus Maximus (Hits the studio to record nr 3 any day now. I bet it will be awesome)
Sylvan (A bit on the softer side, but I have hoped for them many years now and I know many of the other "regulars" would like to see them, so It's about bloody time!)
Into Eternity (Time again)
Wolverine (Hey, we all love Wolverine don't we? They could play every year if you ask me... well, now they have a new album on the way so it's time again)
Redemption (With a new album coming I think they would be a parfect headliner. Would love to see Ray Alder live one day. Would be even better with Fates Warning but I doubt that will happen)
Aeon Zen (That would be cool)
Fictional me (Who loves Porcupine tree? Raise your hand. Well, if you love "PT" you will love "FM". Let us see them before they will make it big. http://www.fictionalme.se/media/audio/Fictional Me - Fallen.mp3)

Hmm that would be a nice opener for friday, then i'll spent another hour in the chinese...

Hacride
Divinity
Psycroptic
The Faceless (Because secretly Rene wants to start a prog Deathmetal fest)

The Shadow Theory
Redemption
Above Symmetry (Aspera)
Aeon Zen
Circus Maximus
Orphaned Land
Darkane
Vanden Plas
My soliloquy
Into Eternity
Powerworld

Hmm that would be a nice opener for friday, then i'll spent another hour in the chinese...

Hacride
The Shadow Theory
Redemption
The Faceless (Because secretly Rene wants to start a prog Deathmetal fest)

i'll think up the rest later

The Faceless would be very nice!
+1

Okay. Wishful thinking time :)

Darkane
The Faceless
Obscura
Anubis Gate
Kingcrow
Zero Hour
Redemption
Mekong Delta
Psychotic Waltz
Adagio
Biomechanical
Divinity
Royal Hunt
Vanden Plas
Protest the Hero.

Do I get a prize for most extremely diverse line-up too?

Hacride
Sun Caged
Om Mani
Circus Maximus
Long Distance Calling
Redemption
Aspera
Sky Architect
Division By Zero
Votum
Universum
Adagio
Kingcrow
Seventh Wonder
Obscura

i'll go for:

Stam1na
Animals As Leaders
Obscura
Long Distance Calling
Ihsahn
Orphaned Land
Seventh Wonder

and I'd like to see Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects. New album comming out soon I hope, but I doubt he will go on tour

i'll go for:

Exivious
Obscura
Long Distance Calling
Ihsahn
Orphaned Land
Seventh Wonder

Exivious is no longer in existence... They pulled the plug a few months ago.:bah: But I second Obscura and Ihsahn!

For me it would look a bit like this:

Into Eternity
Symphony X
Dimaeon(obviously)
Katatonia
Darkane
Obscura
Ihsahn
Aspera

Not too much unknown bands yet... but I'll edit, later on!

Okay, while I obviously liked the Aspera album, they are now officially on my "boycott untill hell freezes over" because they cancelled this year because their vocalist wanted to participate in X-factor or Idols or something shitty like that. Can't have that.

@Dario. If you'd have said Everon, I'd be on your side. How on earth could I forget them?

Dimaeon
Orphaned Land
Cloudscape

Sky Architect
Adagio
Poverty’s No Crime
Circus Maximus
Zero Hour
Pagan’s Mind

The Aurora Project
Ghost Brigade
Redemption
Cult Of Luna
Neverland
Devin Townsend

Okay, while I obviously liked the Aspera album, they are now officially on my "boycott untill hell freezes over" because they cancelled this year because their vocalist wanted to participate in X-factor or Idols or something shitty like that. Can't have that.

He entered the contest with the purpose of promoting the band and metal/hardrock. Don't think that's the worst angel to it, but it wasn't good they had to cancel PP though, but that's just how it is. Aspera will never perform again with that name anyway.
What makes me a bit nervous is that Atle actually can win the whole contest and what happens to the band then. Well, i'm cheering for him anway and hopefully Aspera..cough, i meant ***** ******** will play PP some other time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.