Guess new Dream Theater drummer-win a prize.

how about Nick Barker ex of everybody near enough. His only problem is he's always getting thrown out of countries cause of his criminal record! How about the Rhapsody man Holzwarth? In the end they'll have to get a yank cause you need US citizenship. How about that machine head guy McClane or the KD man Matt Thompson? KD don't do much he'd leave KD for DT at the drop of a hat no doubt plus he's very solid.

Honest Answer: I don't know.

All I know is that he is very much sought after in thrash and death circles. He has drummed for a lot of the bigger bands such as Cradle and Dimmu and is a pretty tight drummer. he will probably be out of his comfort zone not having to blast all the time but if a fat bloke like that can handle non stop blastathons then the change of pace in DT should sit well with him. His problem maybe that he just hates DT style music.

Marco would be too bored by the simplicity of Dream Theater ;) And the lack of improv.

Marco is awesome though and he'd do a fantastic job with it if he was offered and interested.

Marco did play with necrophagist and I saw him not that long ago with Alex Machacek (to maybe 75 people). I know Marco's playing is on a very high level (One of the best I've seen) but Dream Theater has a much bigger audience and would be a great opportunity for Marco. Talking to Marco he didn't give off any vibe that he's to good for anything. The guys in DT can play and bringing in Marco would add a spark to the writing process.

Hey everybody. I'm an ultimatemetal.com virgin. This is my first cherry-popping, I mean post. Mark Zonder is a great guy and would be a great fit for DT. I'm in a project with him now called "Speaking to Stones". We're just waiting for the singer, Andy Engberg from Sweden (Sector A, Lions Share), to finish the vocals. I can call Mark and see if he's interested. Aquiles Priester or Virgil Donati would also be great choices.

Hey Graphite, is that the same Speaking to Stones that had a great debut cd out on Lion music a couple of years ago?

Yes, Tony Vinci is good friend of mine and a great guitarist. I'm pretty sure this one is going on Lion Music also. If I knew how to put little audio clips up I would.

Thank you very much. Hopefully ProgPower USA is going good right now. I heard it was sold out. Mark said he hasn't got the DT call yet. lol.

For some reason Joey Jordison keeps coming to mind. Different style, but an amazing drummer nonetheless that would most definitely be a suitable replacement.

No. Just. No... No.

My guesses:
Blake Richardson - would he leave BTBAM? Probably not, but the closest suited to take his role IMO
Bobby Jarzombek - He's great, name has no STAR power tho
Aquiles Priester - Absolute monster, street cred all over the world except USA, I'd love to hear his latin background in DT.
Richard Christy (prob #1, no MAIN band atm, proggy, well known, and NY ties w/ Howard Stern show which is also a good marketing vehicle)
Gene Hoglan is a reach, but definitely has the chops and then some to take the reins.

I am going with Rod Morganstien. Don't think he is doing anything else outside of Winger these days. Plus the connection with Jordan doing the Dixie Dregs...

And he and Portnoy are very good friends. This is a really good guess.

With all reverence to Gene, I don't know if he could play that stuff.

You're joking, right? Did you see him when he toured with Opeth?

:cool:
Ok so theres no prize other than bragging rights, but you have one guess. Who is it?

I know this is probably a shitty time to make this thread as most people here are in Atlanta, but what the hell? Wanted to get in incase DT pull a quick announcement.

I'll say John Macaluso.
Nope...Donati!!
My band (Antithesis) opened for Planet X back in 1999 & my jaw was on the floor watching Donati...Style,expertise,chops,speed..tho I will say he's a bit less fan friendly than MP:yuk:

Guys.....I really think Terri bozzio would be an amazing fit to dream theater. Or maybe even mark zonder or masie from king crimson.... But bozzio def....

I think Dream theater is below Bozzio, to be honest.

And I am saying that to be a jerk.