Lacuna Coil Remix Competition

yeah, i havent worked with vox much. it kinda sucks that andrea's and her voice are mixed together, it would be nice if they were seperate. i want his vox lower, rofl.

^^ im kinda with you. if you solo the track when its just him singing, his voice sounds kinda, well, bad. <.< >.> it sounds "ok" in the mix though, when christina's voice is added. it kind of covers up his accent/annoying tonality.

OK, full version ready. Not gonna win the competition since they want electronica, and I was going for a kind of Linkin Park metal-feeling. Different from the original, but not different enough.

http://fredrikgroth.com/lacuna _testmix2.mp3

You never know what the intent of this competition is. Usually remixes serve three purposes

a) fill up space on an EP/single,
b) have something unreleased to put on compilations and get exposure/royalties
c) reach new audiences that might not be aware of the band due to sound or image

Your mix probably doesn't qualify for purpose c (style is close to the original), but the other two purposes stand and your mix is especially suited for purpose b (which is much more important than a).

So maybe you get lucky. I like your mix (although mine will sound totally different)!