ProgPower USA X Picture Thread

One more of Cage -- almost rejected it because of the bland facial expression and obscured face, then noticed that the drummer's pose matches the stage banner nicely.
ppusa10-20090911-DSC_8052E.jpg

Next time, look around for a friendly fellow photographer and borrow one of their spare cards.

But yeah, carrying a single card is tempting fate.

I had 6 cards in my pocket. I totally spaced on changing cards for the 2nd night for some reason. Running data-recovery on it now. I should have some luck, I think. It's finding the file fragments.

Out of curiousity, what's the number of shots in total this year you have to deal with in the upcoming days/weeks ?

H.

I shot Cage, Mindflow, DSO, and Sabaton the first night, Circus Maximus, Orphaned Land and Brainstorm the 2nd night. In total, I was up to about 1700. I can't imagine how Allan and Esa get through all of theirs. :err:

Last year after PPeur i came home with 31Gb of data. That's with a 12mp camera. With their gear i guess it must be at least double that amount, knowing esa also shoots in RAW.
In three weeks we'll have PPeur again, the number of data Will be huge again.

H.

Allen and I shoot with D700s (12mp full frame.)

Lightroom has been a godsend for managing huge amounts of "footage". Allen prefers Nikon software which has its shortcomings but also its merits (as you can see from his results.)

Thanks for the photos Esa.

I took a crapload of photos as well. I'll post start posting them in the next few days. Still need to pull them off the camera first.
Same here. Pulling them off the cards now. I was more circumspect this year having experienced the drain of working with a gazillion photos in prior years. Still got a ton, though. I'm hoping this will be the year I am focused and get them up in a timely manner.

Edit: Oh crap, I'm wrong. The first card has over 1100 photos, most in RAW. I'm going to be very busy.

The photo of Circus Maximus: The keyboardist resembles the Heat Miser from the Xmas cartoon Year without a Santa Clause! lol

Love the photo of Ray and Nick, I was joking with people over the weekend that those two are like peanut butter and jelly (just can't picture the one without the other)!

Good news, Everyone!

The recovery program worked! I should have recovered all of my pictures soon! I'll have to rename them all, because they're being seen as .tif files, but ... I HAVE THEM. I'm still being cautiously optimistic, because lets face it, it's not done yet, but the good news is that it's effectively going well! WHEW.

Good news, Everyone!

The recovery program worked! I should have recovered all of my pictures soon! I'll have to rename them all, because they're being seen as .tif files, but ... I HAVE THEM. I'm still being cautiously optimistic, because lets face it, it's not done yet, but the good news is that it's effectively going well! WHEW.

That's fantastic news!! I know you must be so relieved. It was great meeting you, btw. :)

~ Jen

You too Jen, I can't wait to find that picture of you and Glenn I have. It was so great to see him relaxed for 10 seconds :)

Anyway, THIS is why I was so heartbroken when I thought I had lost my shots:

3920514560_4ced5b5e70.jpg

More coming soon! Up to 150 recovered so far!