ProgPower USA XII Roster Discussion

Considering a decent-sized portion of the forum was expecting James LaBrie to be headlining, the confusion and negativity isn't entirely surprising to me. I don't want to fall into the cliche of bashing prog fans, but the fact that none of the top 4 bands are traditional prog probably has a lot to do with it.

Well, the latest James LaBrie album has lots of harsh vocals so...

Progpower would have sold out without it, Hellish Rock wouldn't have. Helloween played in front of about 130 people at the Masquerade when I saw them in 2003.

I don't think you can compare the two, really. First, that wasn't exactly a great period for Helloween. When Helloween came over here in 2008 they had more successful material. Plus, you can't argue that Gamma Ray helped significantly in selling that tour.

I would take Rabbit Don't Come Easy (the 2003 tour) over Gambling With The Devil. Both are awesome, I like Rabbit more.

Yuck. Helloween's my third favorite band over Priest and Sabbath, but I just do not like that album, outside of a couple songs. Rabbit Don't Come Easy that is. To each his own I guess.

I need my vacation for that week. Dream Evil, Therion, Labyrinth and Voyager basically COMMANDS my attendance. Sanctuary and Arcturus is a bonus. Problem it hat I pick my vacation for next year on Monday.....and the week before is GONE! :cry::cry::cry:

Friday:

CREATIONS END
VOYAGER
ELDRITCH
MOB RULES
ARCTURUS
SANCTUARY

Saturday:

HAKEN
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT
RED CIRCUIT
LABYRINTH
DREAM EVIL
THERION

Cool! Mob Rules sound great live, say them in England at Bloodstock fest 2008. Arcturus was excellent, is ICS Vortex doing their vocals? I heard he left Dimmu... Reformed Sanctuary will be excellent! Great to see some wicked USPM action at the fest. I love the new While Heaven Wept album. Fucking incredible, those guys can fit into so many different spot, too. Be sure to check out While Heaven Wept if you haven't yet! Labyrinth too? Holy shit, this is awesome! Dream Evil and Therion wil also kill it!

Arcturus was excellent, is ICS Vortex doing their vocals? I heard he left Dimmu...

Yes, he will be there. According to his press release, they're such "retards" (his words) this will probably be their last US show, as well as their first. :)

My question to the Teeming Millions: if Vortex goes to the Vortex to have an award-winning hamburger...will the world end? :lol:

(I am curious to know if the mighty Hellhammer will be drumming for them.....)

Arcturus was excellent, is ICS Vortex doing their vocals? I heard he left Dimmu...

Yes, he will be there. According to his press release, they're such "retards" (his words) this will probably be their last US show, as well as their first since reuniting. :)

My question to the Teeming Millions: if Vortex goes to the Vortex to have an award-winning hamburger...will the world end? :lol:

(I am curious to know if the mighty Hellhammer will be drumming for them.....)

I like reading these posts. This makes the first time I've missed two years in a row so I get to live it vicariously through the ones that went. Main reasons are same as everyone, money. But I always plan on making a Prog Power trip. When shit happens it goes but right now I'm pretty stoked because I have a year to get my act together for this.

Sanctuary and Labyrinth are the big guns for me so far. Dream Evil is cool. The rest I'll give a whirl. I think someone nailed it with a Thurs show of Nevermore. I think the Sanctuary gig, if it really is a very exclusive type of thing, is special enough to play over Nevermore. Plus Nevermore bailed some time when for a Disturbed tour so maybe they want to make amends? Or maybe they just wanna rock some tits at Prog Power cos they know it rules.

If other crazy stuff happens for Wed or Thurs then it might get some folks in. I remember PP IX what really got me was the Helloween / Gamma Ray show. Maybe not so much Wed. That seems to really be "fan appreciation day" for the hardcores.

I would *love* to see Nevermore play the showcase (and I think if that happens, me and Zod are going to achieve a level of nirvana rarely ever seen). The only concern that I had was if Warrel could pull off a Nevermore set one night and a Sanctuary the next. Then I saw the lineup for a little thrash metal fest going on in Japan later this month, and that's exactly what happens (Nevermore one night, Sanctuary the next). I am sure it could be done. I am sure Shane could make it happen. ;)

Harvester said:
*If I would have named Nevermore instead of Sanctuary, would it have made a difference? Perhaps to the casual fan that doesn't really follow Nevermore, but would recognize the name. Otherwise, I would argue no. Nevermore fans are Sanctuary fans. Hell, Sanctuary is now basically Nevermore (Loomis is indeed coming). Fans are going to come out now that something special is in the air. Sanctuary may play two other shows next year besides mine in the States, but no more. They are not touring regardless of their new album in 2011.

I was under the impression that it was a *full* reunion - i.e. Rutledge and Blosl were both back. Or is Jeff just travelling with them?

ok I am been busy as hell uploading into iTunes all the studio albums i have by the bands from next year's roster....DAMN what a job....Plus I did a special playlist called ProgPower XII and threw all of the albums in there too....

Lenny is with them, Sean is not. Sean is too busy making some movie and was not interested in a reunion.

Ohhhhh.... OK. Did not know that about Sean. Glad Lenny is with them since he wrote the tuneage. Last time I saw them on the ITTMB tour, Lenny was wearing a large button that said "Yngwie who?". Caused me to chuckle.