ProgPower USA XII Roster Discussion

Ohhhhh.... OK. Did not know that about Sean. Glad Lenny is with them since he wrote the tuneage. Last time I saw them on the ITTMB tour, Lenny was wearing a large button that said "Yngwie who?". Caused me to chuckle.

Yea, WD was saying a couple or few months back that he and Lenny were even writing new Sanctuary music and working on an album.

Hey y'all, I'm Jim, bassist for While Heaven Wept. I appreciate all the positive comments on the band and I'm looking forward to playing next year! It will be my first time visiting the fest, though I'm ancient enough to have gone to/performed at the Powermad Fests in Baltimore back in the day. Anyone remember those?

Cheers!

Welcome! I never even heard of you guys until that annoucement. I went and bought a copy of the Vast Oceans Lachrymose album. I've already listened to it twice and friggan LOVE it! And to find out that the band is based in my area! I see the album was recorded right here in Fredericksburg. Virginia!!! This is going to be so cool to see a local band.

Welcome! I never even heard of you guys until that annoucement. I went and bought a copy of the Vast Oceans Lachrymose album. I've already listened to it twice and friggan LOVE it! And to find out that the band is based in my area! I see the album was recorded right here in Fredericksburg. Virginia!!! This is going to be so cool to see a local band.

You might be familiar with Brave, who many of the members are from. Now J... has done some music with Lord Vicar, so he's extra special ;)

I need to track down the older WHW albums, seems the 2 are downloadable from CDBaby, but that there's some re-releasing going on as well (along with some of their old demo and other goodie material).

:lol: :lol:

So have I heard of all these bands? Hell no! But now I have and have a year to research and see who I might like. I also have the opportunity to check out their live show and have them win me over. I HATED Freak Kitchen before they played. The only reason I went into the venue for them because a very good friend (JayDub) was in his glory with them there and never stopped talking about them. I went in to see him have the time of his life. By the end of the set, I was a huge fan and immediately went to Laser's Edge and purchased 6 FK CD's.

And I so remember that! I was standing right behind you guys during that set. I've not even heard of Freak Kitchen, but thought that set was so friggan cool! I do remember encountering you again in the vendor area buying up all those CDs.

Personally, I look forward to learning about these new bands and working with them next year. They tend to be hungry and willing to give 110% at their show - sometimes the veterans are just going through the motions.
Give the new blood a chance and screw all this negativity!!!! :headbang:

Case in point - DGM! These guys gave it their all and I was utterly blown away with their performance. Those guys were so stoked just for being there. How I wish I had a video recording of when I first met those guys and they found out I was their sponsor! In light of that I will probably be more inclined to want to sponsor the smaller/less-known bands than the big headliners in the future. Of course if a band I put a bid in for happens to be the headliner, I won't have a problem being the sponsor! :cool:

Overall, I fully agree with everything you said there. I honestly think what you described is in essence, the spirit of this whole festival.

You might be familiar with Brave, who many of the members are from. Now J... has done some music with Lord Vicar, so he's extra special ;)

I need to track down the older WHW albums, seems the 2 are downloadable from CDBaby, but that there's some re-releasing going on as well (along with some of their old demo and other goodie material).

They do sound familiar, although I've never heard any of their material. I'll have to go look them up.

Yeah, I'd like to hear some of the older WHW albums as well. DUDE!!! They are on eMUSIC!!!! And I still got 50 downloads left (guess what I am downloading right now :cool:)

ok I am been busy as hell uploading into iTunes all the studio albums i have by the bands from next year's roster....DAMN what a job....Plus I did a special playlist called ProgPower XII and threw all of the albums in there too....
lol!! That is *exactly* what I spent a while doing last night as well. And I must say, I'm REALLY digging what I've heard so far!!!! I think this line up kicks ass!!

Hey y'all, I'm Jim, bassist for While Heaven Wept. I appreciate all the positive comments on the band and I'm looking forward to playing next year!

Nice to see you on here and to have a LOCAL band (for me) chosen for the fest. Surprised as hell you're from nearby Dale City.

I'm also in Fredericksburg, VA (friend of SkiBumMSP) and was surprised as all hell to find you recorded your last few albums in Fredericksburg just down the road from me.

I occasionally go to Jaxx, but never had heard of WHW or Brave. Already listened to your latest CD Vast Oceans Lachrymose that I bought at PP USA a couple of days ago and it really kicks ass! :headbang: :kickass:

Looking forward to seeing you at the show, but maybe even before then!

They do sound familiar, although I've never heard any of their material. I'll have to go look them up.

Yeah, I'd like to hear some of the older WHW albums as well. DUDE!!! They are on eMUSIC!!!! And I still got 50 downloads left (guess what I am downloading right now :cool:)

Outstanding! I think I know where my eMusic downloads are going this month! :lol:

Definitely! I pretty sure that we've played at least one show with them at Jaxx too, but can't remember for sure - lol!!! I know I've seen Brave at Jaxx.

And I so remember that! I was standing right behind you guys during that set. I've not even heard of Freak Kitchen, but thought that set was so friggan cool! I do remember encountering you again in the vendor area buying up all those CDs.

:lol: Yeah, and I had already done my shopping. Laser's Edge got a bonus that year!

Case in point - DGM! These guys gave it their all and I was utterly blown away with their performance. Those guys were so stoked just for being there. How I wish I had a video recording of when I first met those guys and they found out I was their sponsor! In light of that I will probably be more inclined to want to sponsor the smaller/less-known bands than the big headliners in the future. Of course if a band I put a bid in for happens to be the headliner, I won't have a problem being the sponsor! :cool:

Overall, I fully agree with everything you said there. I honestly think what you described is in essence, the spirit of this whole festival.
Exactly! I'm so glad that they were gracious to you guys (not surprised) and that you had such a great time!

Thanks!

I've just downloaded Of Empires Forlorn from eMusic and uploaded it to my Elan Via!DJ music server. Listening to it now and HOLY SHIT!!!! This is fucking AWESOME!!! Definitely more "doomy" than their current album, but damn, it is heavy as hell as well. I am loving every note of this that I've heard so far.

I am so forward to getting to see these guys next year. Damn, I wish they were playing shows locally, but don't see any that I am aware of.

Also to add, much of their older demos and EP's are also on eMusic. I've also downloaded Sorrow of the Angels from there as well. Will need to listen to that soon as well (probably won't get to it tonight as need to go to bed shortly - another long day of work ahead).

Awesome, glad yall are digging the WHW stuff! We don't get to play live as often as we'd like cause the members are actually spread out over several states, I'm Raleigh, NC and we've got people in Dale City, Fredericksburg, Danville, VA and Myrtle Beach, SC. It does make the live shows we can do alot more special though. We're doing one more gig this year on Sept 25 in Raleigh,NC and then for the rest of the year, we're working on recording a new studio album. There's a live album and possibly a dvd coming out in November from our gig at the Hammer of Doom fest in Germany we did this past February as well. So, there'll be a few more releases soon that you can sink your ears into!

Hails to Glenn!

Awesome, glad yall are digging the WHW stuff! We don't get to play live as often as we'd like cause the members are actually spread out over several states, I'm Raleigh, NC and we've got people in Dale City, Fredericksburg, Danville, VA and Myrtle Beach, SC. It does make the live shows we can do alot more special though. We're doing one more gig this year on Sept 25 in Raleigh,NC and then for the rest of the year, we're working on recording a new studio album. There's a live album and possibly a dvd coming out in November from our gig at the Hammer of Doom fest in Germany we did this past February as well. So, there'll be a few more releases soon that you can sink your ears into!

Hails to Glenn!

Nice.:D

Also.. best avatar in the forum... period!

R.A.M.O.N.E.S.

Hails to Glenn!

wow really!! My wife's from Raleigh! she can't believe a metal person lives in Raleigh. She remembers growing up there and it was never like that!!:lol:

wow really!! My wife's from Raleigh! she can't believe a metal person lives in Raleigh. She remembers growing up there and it was never like that!!:lol:

Yeah, I guess things are different nowadays cause there's actually a decent metal scene in town. There's about 5-6 venues that local metal bands can play at around here, which is cool. Only problem is sometimes there's too many conflicting metal shows on the same night.

Hell yes Creeps, love the Ramones!!!!!!