Songs for wedding!

Apr 21, 2011
Vancouver/Portland PNW
I know, weddings aren't metal, but I'm looking for some beautiful pieces of music (regardless if from a metal band) for my wedding later this month. Ideas I have so far are:
Patterns In The Ivy by Opeth

and The Lodge by Agalloch

Thanks guys.:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
I need first dance music (I can't dance so a mellow waltz feel would be good), mother-son dance music and then some reception music. I would want the reception music to be a little more upbeat, however. I was thinking Patterns would be good for walking my mom down the aisle, and something similar to The Lodge for one of the dances. Jessi (fiance) isn't sold on The Lodge as a first dance song, but I think it would be lovely!

I've been thinking on putting up a repertoire to maybe start playing (traditional) weddings next year :lol:

For instance, a really good one for the aisle IMO is Pachelbel's Canon (even though I plan to change a few chords at the end as those sort of derail from tonality):

I have a great song in mind for the wedding processional but I want to use it in my own wedding, so I probably shouldn't say what it is, haha.

For the record everyone, Colin and I are real-life friends, haha...

You could always go for some Ludovico Einaudi in there somewhere:

Dustin O'Halloran is also great:

I was at a wedding recently where the reception music was a cd or two by the Vitamin String quartet, basically string quartet covers of stuff like Nirvana, Queens of the Stoneage, Nine Inch Nails... was really good as not everyone there was from the rock/metal scene...

Then the Bride and Grooms first dance was to Stripsearch by Faith No More... pretty well done IMO...

I was at a wedding recently where the reception music was a cd or two by the Vitamin String quartet, basically string quartet covers of stuff like Nirvana, Queens of the Stoneage, Nine Inch Nails... was really good as not everyone there was from the rock/metal scene...

Then the Bride and Grooms first dance was to Stripsearch by Faith No More... pretty well done IMO...

THIS!!

I played them at my wedding last year. And they just came out with a new album of just AILD songs ;)

What a Wonderful World is usually a good choice for a first dance. Short and sweet. At my wedding, our first dance was A Kiss to Build A Dream On. I guess we like Louis Armstrong a little bit.