'06 vs. '07 - Better Year for Metal?

Better Year for Metal?

• Total voters
Well let's my top 10 lists for this year and last year. Lists are alphabetical.

Aborym - Generator
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Anaal Nathrakh - Eschaton
Anti - The Insignificance of Life
Darkthrone - The Cult is Alive
Keep of Kalessin - Armada
Melechesh - Emissaries
Nachtmystium - Instinct: Decay
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical
Summoning - Oath Bound

Abigor - Fractal Possession
Behemoth - The Apostasy
Crionics - Neuthrone
Dark Tranquillity - Fiction
Deathspell Omega - Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum
Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli
Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today
Limbonic Art - Legacy of Evil
Marduk - Rom 5:12
Watain - Sworn to the Dark

It's a close call. All I can say is none of the 2007 albums tops Generator or Instinct: Decay, so 2006 still wins in my book.

How can anyone even know what albums came out when?

or

Where is the "I have no idea because I can't keep track of dates and details like that" option?

Metal-Archives.com

and if you have iTunes, it usually finds the year automatically for you.

You need to get with the fucking times, man. You're like my fucking parents.

No I don't. I don't live at my computer. I have a Sansa MP3 player which I can copy files to without being forced to use some commercialized stupid hog software. I have CDs and cassettes, and players for each. I am doing fine.

I will not obey the man, as so many of you see fit to do.

FYP

I'm OCD about organizing things, and iTunes is great for sorting music. I have parameters for name, artist, album, year, length, and country.

Downloading Foobar2000 and getting a slight understanding of how it works would be a wise thing to do. I think it blows Itunes out of the water.

'07.
The Absence, Akercocke, Alcest, Anaal Nathrakh, Behemoth, Drudkh, Immolation, Limbonic Art, Neurosis, Novembers Doom, Paradise Lost, Pig Destroyer, Primordial, Turisas, Wolves In The Throne Room etc.

06 was good though.

06 for me. I remember looking through my albums the other day and thinking, 'wow, 06 was pretty damn good'. I'm a bit behind on 07 releases so it's not really a fair comparison on my part, but whatever, I've made my choice.

Downloading Foobar2000 and getting a slight understanding of how it works would be a wise thing to do. I think it blows Itunes out of the water.
XMMS all the way, gtk1 and old winamp gui ftw. Fancy shit can fuck off. Who needs 1000 ways to organize your music when you have the "J"-button anyway? ;)

Well, i voted for 07. Many good releases this year, especially Marduk, Lunar Aurora, Abigor, and Dimmu Borgir.