08-09 NFL Thread

Wish I knew!! I share your YUCK sentiment on this guy.. Didn't he throw 7 ints in a game last year??

I don't see Eli Manning as elite... In fact I don't think alot of people do... Most Giants fans don't like to hear it but the G-men were NOT the best team on the field in last years Super Bowl!!! This irks Patriots fans too but tough shit!!! I like to call it fair... The mighty Bill Belichick got outcoached by Tom Coughlin!! No doubt about it!! Coaching cost N.E. the Super Bowl.

He's no worse...I'd leave it at that.

I believe he is good and nowhere near great as of yet. There are still quite a few QB's with more of an upside than Romo in the league at this time (IMO) I truthfully view him more as a backup than a starter.

first part is so fucken true

about romo he is ok...at best....but not even close where all the cowboys fan want to put him at

Hey,

How about we all play each other in Fantasy Football this year??
I just created a league and will post the info here anyone who wants to join is more than welcome and we can just play for extra bragging rights aside from what our teams do... Only thing I ask is if you put a team in the league post here with the teams name so we all know who were facing from week to week.

Have fun!!!

Yahoo Fantasy Football:

The League ID# and Password. The ID# is 313496 and the Password is football.

.44.040 Activities prohibited within the parking facility

The following activities are prohibited within the parking facility:
A. No person shall maliciously and/or in a manner that disturbs public order or causes a threat to public safety throw, discharge, launch or spill any solid object including footballs, baseballs, Frisbees and other such devices or liquid substances, or otherwise cause such objects or substances to be maliciously and/or in a manner that disturbs public order or causes a threat to public safety thrown, discharged, launched, spilled or to become airborne within the parking facility.

B. No person shall explode, set off, discharge, or otherwise release or cause to be released any smoke bomb, fireworks, stink bomb, or other substance which is physically harmful or otherwise irritating, offensive, repugnant, or disgusting to the eyes or sense of smell within the parking facility.

C. 1. - No person shall participate in any activity, including, but not limited to vehicle driver training, running, jogging, volleyball, baseball, soccer, football, roller skating, bicycle riding, skateboarding or Frisbee within the parking facility unless expressly authorized by the authorized representative.

G. 1. - No person shall park or stand a vehicle in more than one parking space. If the vehicle exceeds twenty (20) feet in length, the driver thereof shall park said vehicle in parking spaces for standard size vehicles and pay for the additional space and display evidence of such payment.

2. - No person shall utilize in any manner more than the parking space that his or her vehicle is entitled to occupy under the provisions of this chapter. Roadways and fire lanes shall remain clear of vehicles and objects to maximize use for traffic circulation.

3. - No person shall interfere in any manner with the use of an adjacent parking space.

They sent out a new policy that sucks..... There is always a band in the parking lot before everygame...... this year... in the policy it sez.... NO BANDS... Shit Metallica played before the Titans Championship game....... They Didn't play in New England or San Diego or Denver...... !!!!

damn.... on the nfl.com poll i have never seen it so split before...

but lol at people actually thinking jets can make it to the superbowl

the most i think they can win is 9 games...right under the wildcard teams

I just heard a report that the Buccaneers are offering the Jets their 1st round draft pick next year AND Jeff Garcia for Brett Favre.... And that the Jets are seriously considering the offer.

After yesterdays press conference and the fact that Favre Jets shirts have already sold more than 3000 pre orders I can't see the Jets not getting into some type of shit for this should it happen.

2008098802.jpg

New Favre Jets jerseys in high demand....

Just as quickly as Brett Favre swapped his customary green-and-gold for green-and-white, Jets fans snatched up the opportunity to purchase a jersey supporting the team's newest quarterback.

Favre, 38, who spent 16 seasons in Green Bay, was traded to the Jets late Wednesday night. Shortly after news broke that Favre was headed to the Big Apple, the Jets made his new jersey available on the apparel portion of their Web site, Jets Shop, for $80.

The response was immediate. The Jets Shop site even went down temporarily because of the overwhelming volume of requests, confirmed to be "in the thousands," in the first day of sales.

The first Favre Jets jerseys were being manufactured at Reebok's plant in Indianapolis yesterday. NFLShop.com, the NFL's official online store, received more than 3,200 orders and counting, setting a single-day sales record and single-day single-player jersey sales record.