The Madden Curse?

As a Brown's fan, I've truly enjoyed the last 11 or 12 years of Bungledom. These days when the Browns play at the Nati, it's like a home game for the Browns because more Browns Backers show up than Bungle fans. Hell, it's the same when Pittsburgh come to the Nati as well. Maybe Lewis will change that. Only time will tell. As a Brownie, I think this is a "put up or shut up" year for Butch Davis. We got to the playoffs last year, now let's take it one more step.

Vick and the Redskins were the main reasons to watch N.F.L. this season. Now we have to settle for just the good ole skins.

Hail to the Redskins!!! Hail Victory!! Brave on the warpath!! FIGHT for ole DC !!!!!!!!!

Riehlthing said:
Well, he and Josh Brown can duke it out for the #3 spot, and so far, I've heard many good things about Seneca and I hope he gets that spot. Nothing like having a mobile qb...he just needs to get bigger. He's pretty small isn't he? Most of the attention has been to their Defense improvements.

He's not large, but not a lot smaller than some of other guys (Grossman, Brees, Flutie, Vick) out there either. He's 5'11.5" and about 195#, but he's another guy that can do things you can't coach. It's just a matter of getting the system down and then the sky may be the limit.

TD, I think this year's Browns could be a mirror image of the 2000 Rams. Great offense, horrible defense. I don't see them going 10-6 like the Rams did that year, though.

Alex, as a Ram fan I wish you luck with Dung Canidate as your starting running back. You'll be hearing this a lot..."the give to Canidate, he FUMBLES IT!!!!!" He has blinding speed but he's not an every down back. I'd start Betts or Watson.

Rich

CyThrax said:
He's not large, but not a lot smaller than some of other guys (Grossman, Brees, Flutie, Vick) out there either. He's 5'11.5" and about 195#, but he's another guy that can do things you can't coach. It's just a matter of getting the system down and then the sky may be the limit.
Yeah, he'll have to learn the system, and beat out Hasselback and Dilfer though. They're both doing well and have already learned the system.

AlexStomp said:
Vick and the Redskins were the main reasons to watch N.F.L. this season. Now we have to settle for just the good ole skins.

Hail to the Redskins!!! Hail Victory!! Brave on the warpath!! FIGHT for ole DC !!!!!!!!!

The "ForeSkins" BLOW !!!!

I hated Spurrier's whiney ass when he was at UF and I hate him just as much now....................might be because we all know that the Dallas Cowboys are "America's Team" !!!!!!

Spurrier doesnt bother me but that fuckface Dan Snyder, hes an ass. I thought it was cute when he tried to buy the Lombardi Trophy with all those players and didnt even make the playoffs. And if Spurrier doesnt win quick, hell fire his ass along with the other coaches hes fired cause Snyder doesnt know shit about shit when it comes to football. Anyway, Go BROWNS!!!

If Dan Snyder was smart, he wouldve kept Marty Schottenheimer (sp?). They were running the ball and playing great defense and finished the year with something like 8 wins in their last 10 games, his only year there.

Riehl-I wasn't expecting Wallace to go in there and beat out Hass. and Dilfer his first year, he's not ready yet for that. But I just heard today that Seneca moved up to 3rd on the depth chart ahead of Jeff Kelly, so that's cool. He could be something special in the future.

my ass vick is the fastest, michael bennet and randy moss could both beat vick in a foot race guarenteed!!! bennet's best times in his track events are very close to the world records in those events, and randy moss has spent the offseason pulling 90 pound sleds on the beach to improve his already SUB 4.2 forty!! mike vick is the nfl's cash cow/golden boy, he is also the most overhyped and overrated player in the game, daunte culpepper finished with better rushing numbers and passing numbers, talk about vick after he throws 20 td's or runs for 10 rushing td's in a season. he is nothing but hype, hope the 60,000 bandwagon jumpers are happy with there season tickets for the falcons now( they are going for 2-3 times face value) You coulndt give falcons tickets away up until this year!

Cincy Vigilante said:
This is the greatest time of year. The Bengals have a perfect regular season record. I still have a hopeful outlook for the season and this year we will win more than two damn games...
Cincinnati in the super bowl in three years or less.

WHO DEY!
I grew up with the Bengals and used to love them and I really really want to love em again, but I'm not ever getting my hopes up for them again until I see it happen.

Randy Moss does not run a sub 4.2 forty. The fastest sprinter on earth would be lucky to run a 4.2 forty.

Michael Vicks stats weren't too far off of Culpepper's last year and that was only Vick's 2nd year in the league. He had more rushing yards, better per carry average and only 2 less touchdowns. This is just a hunch, but Culpepper probably got to run a few more qb sneaks on the goal-line than Vick did due to him being about 50 lbs. heavier and 4 or 5 inches taller.

As far as passing stats, Vick had a better rating, only threw for 2 less touchdowns, but threw only 8 int's compared to Culpeppers 23-huge difference. You get a qb that only throws 8 picks and you're gonna win some games-and that's in his second year in the NFL after coming out of college early (as a redshirt soph.!!!!) There just aren't many guys that can do that-and almost no qb's.

Now, I like both these guys a lot cuz they both bring a lot to the table-I wish the Bears had either of them. I knew Vick was extremely talented and had a lot of upside coming out of college, but I never thought he'd do anywhere near as good as he did last year that early in his career.

ivankoloff said:
my ass vick is the fastest, michael bennet and randy moss could both beat vick in a foot race guarenteed!!! bennet's best times in his track events are very close to the world records in those events, and randy moss has spent the offseason pulling 90 pound sleds on the beach to improve his already SUB 4.2 forty!! mike vick is the nfl's cash cow/golden boy, he is also the most overhyped and overrated player in the game, daunte culpepper finished with better rushing numbers and passing numbers, talk about vick after he throws 20 td's or runs for 10 rushing td's in a season. he is nothing but hype, hope the 60,000 bandwagon jumpers are happy with there season tickets for the falcons now( they are going for 2-3 times face value) You coulndt give falcons tickets away up until this year!

Vick is the fastest player in the league. I've seen so many times for players fastest times, and Vick has them beat. You probably think Moss is the best WR in the league too. Try Harrison and Boston. Harrison does so much, and he's the Colts only good receiver. Boston is a bigger and faster Moss without the off-field shit and shows up to play every Sunday, not when he fills like it. AND I LIKE MOSS!!!

Only 2 weeks till football!!! woohoo! What a great b-day gift from the NFL...Watching football on my bday. Sept 7th...

i meant sub 4.3 forty, sorry. and vick had 3700 something TOTAL YARDS ( rushing included) while culpepper had 3800 plus yards PASSING, 600 MORE RUSHING WITH 10 RUSHING TD'S, so no, vick wasnt pretty close to culpeppers numbers. Boston is a moss without the offield shit is that what you said??? WHY DID HE GET ARRESTED FOR DWI AND POSSESION OF COCAINE THE DUMB FUCK! WHY DO YOU THINK ARIZONA LET HIM GO, HE HAS OFF THE FIELD PROBLEMS TOO, DO SOME RESEARCH AND GET BACK TO ME! I love shit talking about football, i cant wait until the season opener

a fantasy mag broke down all of the qb's per game totals for the last three years and in a standard fantasy scoring system( most common) daunte culpepper is the #1 ranked for per game scoring over the likes of manning, warner, vick, garcia etc..... over the last 3 years!!!!

oh and i think he had a gun on him along with the dwi, cocaine, oh wait he doesnt have off field problems like moss. david bostons one and only good/career year he had what would be considered average stats for moss. he only caught 8 td's in his best year?? please, on one of moss's off years he catches that many in his sleep. so if moss takes all these plays off and boston doesnt why arent bostons single season totals comparable to moss???

Dude, take your own advice, do some research, and check out the stats.

Vick's stats:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5448

Culpepper's stats:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4659

Yeah, Culpepper had 900 more yards passing, he also had 120 more passing attempts, their ypa is essentially the same. Vick had a better passer rating, Vick rushed for more yards, had a better per carry average and while only scoring 4 less TD's on the year, threw 15 less interceptions, which is huge. And he was only 22 last year in only his second year in the NFL!! He should have been a senior in college last year.

To me, Vicks passing stats are just as good, if not better, and his rushing stats are better. But like I said earlier, I'd take either of them.

Just to jump in the Boston/Moss argument-and again, both those guys are great receivers with a lot of off the field baggage, and Moss taking plays off is something I despise, but what do you think Moss's stats would have been like had he been playing for Arizona and had Jake Plummer throwing to him?

Riehlthing said:
Yeah, he'll have to learn the system, and beat out Hasselback and Dilfer though. They're both doing well and have already learned the system.
I can't stand theSeahawks. I have to admit that they have a shot this year. Their division isn't really that strong IMO.