08' releases?

Thx. I`m from Germany. :cry:
Not that much Metal around here.
But we have the 'W:O:A Wacken Open Air' and ... Blind Guardian. :headbang:
Yuffi

Not that much metal??
Aren't Helloween, Gravedigger, Rammstein (different, but still metal), and many less famous bands from Germany?
Also there are quite some big metal-labels with european HQ's there I believe.
But then again...for a true fan there's never enough metal around I guess :p

I am looking forward to:
Pyramaze - Immortal
Enter The Hunt - Empires Fall
Communic - ?????
Mechanical Poet - Endoline
Staind - ?????
Mercenary - Architect Of Lies

Hopefully this year will be just as good as the last.

Not that much metal??
Aren't Helloween, Gravedigger, Rammstein (different, but still metal), and many less famous bands from Germany?
Also there are quite some big metal-labels with european HQ's there I believe.
But then again...for a true fan there's never enough metal around I guess :p

Yeah, there are those fantastic bands of course.
But here`s the problem: When you tell the people that you like metal, hardly everyone will think that:
1) You are fat. (Well, I am)
2) You have very long, dark hair. (mid-long, brown-red)
3) You have no friends. (I have 4 'true' friends and many 'normal' friends)
4) You have no girl-/boyfriend. (I`m married)
5) You have/had problems with the law (not until now, but who knows...)
6) You won`t be a big success. (IT-business)
7) ...

(I don`t give a fucking damn of what they think!)
How is that in your countries?

Back to the bands:
I know one song of Helloween (only): The invisible man. They are a rip of Gamma-Ray, aren`t they?
Gravedigger: Yeah, I heard the name
Rammstein: I don`t like the lyrics at all.
many less famous bands: There are a lot, and some seems very promising to me.
Oh, and what is really cool: We do have a nice mix of every kind of metal here. Death/speed/melodic/progressive/...

But I`m still 'verdant', because until last year, all I ever heard was: Iron Maiden, Man-o-war, Savatage, Iced-Earth and Blind Guardian. Now I`ve discovered, that there are so many other fantastic Bands out there.

And that`s it: If you are not in the metal 'community', you won`t hear any metal. Sad but true. (Oh, Metallica is an exception. Everyone knows Metallica because 'Nothing else matters' was very popular here.)

I guess these things you tell about are the same in every country. Metal is just not 'in' anymore as it was in the 80's. People stereotype metal and metal fans because they don't know about it and don't care about it anymore.
And that's too bad.
Every year I see songs of Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Deep Purple, Queen, Eagles and other old hard rock groups very high in the rankings of 'best song ever top 100' Or stuff like that.
'Power metal' or music like it is probably the closest descendant of those old rock classics...and nobody (except 'us') like it or have ever heard of it!
If this music would get the attention it deserves it would probably grow a lot more on a much larger group of people, but this is all blocked by all sorts of groups. And, how strange it might sound, not the least by us fans. As many (myself not included) take offense in bands trying to become more popular for a wider public than 'us'.
To me those type of fans aren't real fans, since they only think about keeping their 'precious little music' to themselves....and if a band doesn't want that, they are suddenly sell-outs!
The metal scene is infested by Gollums, the best thing would be to take these guys to a big mountain full of lava, throw in their cd collection and watch them dive in. Good riddance...

Yeah, there are those fantastic bands of course.
But here`s the problem: When you tell the people that you like metal, hardly everyone will think that:
1) You are fat. (Well, I am)
2) You have very long, dark hair. (mid-long, brown-red)
3) You have no friends. (I have 4 'true' friends and many 'normal' friends)
4) You have no girl-/boyfriend. (I`m married)
5) You have/had problems with the law (not until now, but who knows...)
6) You won`t be a big success. (IT-business)
7) ...

I know one song of Helloween (only): The invisible man. They are a rip of Gamma-Ray, aren`t they?

Haha yeah, I think everyone thinks that about metalheads here too. Also, people tend to think that we're stupid... like cavemen... We're more viking than caveman. :headbang:

Also, half the members in Gamma-Ray were once in Helloween (I believe Kiske was Helloween's 2nd singer).

hahaah.
Hopefully I'm breaking those stereotypes up there ^^^.

I have the highest grade in most of my music classes, except Music Theory Lab, THAT CLASS IS OF THE DEVIL!!!
I'm constantly having to help those mariah-carey-lovers* with their theory homework and General Education classes, and they all know I like metal, so maybe this will change their prejudices.

*: Mariah Carey is actually really good.. She's just a crazy beach this days... Girls got some pipes though.

Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning (Savatage mastermind's 3rd solo record, last CD was better than most of Savatage stuff since The Streets)
Pyramaze - Immortal (I don't really have to say why, don't you think ;) )
Dezperadoz - An Eye For An Eye (Brilliant Wild West HEavy Metal, check their songs here, including the one from the next CD. http://www.myspace.com/dezperadoz
Rage - Carved In Stone
Evergrey -

And I think that there gonna be much more which i don't remember right now

Another upcoming awesome release (Mar. 5th)...

Kiuas - The New Dark Age :kickass:
Anybody who likes their Finnish power metal HEAVY needs to check these guys out.

and a couple Jens Carlsson fronted bands...

Dark Empire - Humanity Dethroned
Persuader - TBA (they enter the studio in May)

Pyramaze - Immortal
Iced Earth - Revelation Abomination: Something Wicked Part 2
Avian - Ashes to Madness
Evergrey - Torn
Insomnium - (no title yet)
Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine
Beyond Fear
Yngwie Malmsteen
Soulblender
Balance of Power - (shit guys keep us waiting long enough!)
Warmachine - 2nd album, no title yet
Dark Empire - Humanity Dethroned
Krucible - self titled (?)
Outworld
Cloudscape - Global Drama