10,000 days

Vincent J.

Dec 3, 2005
Arnhem, The Netherlands
As some of you might have noticed the new TOOL album is (almost?) out.
Well, here it is out anyways:p

I bought it today and just gave the entire album the first listen.
First impression: Really very good album!
Better than the other albums in my opinion, but it's far too early to really state that. I don't think my opinion will change though!
The whole atmosphere of the album sounds sooo good, very detailled so to say.
The music is like the artwork, really mesmerizing and beautiful.
The artwork (done by Alex Grey) is -like someone said- out of this world, haha.
Cool thing is, you really get into the artwork, literally...:lol:

Well, I opened this thread (btw my first:p ) for you (and me) to discuss the new TOOL album, 10,000 days. (If that's fine by you for me to do on this forum;))

So, my Tool thread isn't good enough? :p

Bought it last week, and I really like it. At the moment I like it as much as Aenima but not as much as Lateralus.
But if there's one band with albums that need to grow onto me it is Tool, so I might looove it in the end.

The main problem I have with it is that it feels like random songs put together, where Aenima and Lateralus felt like one coherent package

Vincent J. said:
Well, I opened this thread (btw my first:p ) for you (and me) to discuss the new TOOL album, 10,000 days. (If that's fine by you for me to do on this forum;))

No...
here we discuss the good music of katatonia.....only!
Period!:heh:

(Haven’t heard the new tool album btw...)

I've heard Vicarious so far. Pretty good.

Anyway, Tool is one of the few mainstream bands that haven't changed their sound because of being so popular and write quality music. The advertisment for the new album was on the back of Metal Hammer, Rock Sound and probably it is advertised in even more magazines and websites, I saw an advertisment on amazon, it is in the top 10 sellers right know.

It's good to see that they get the recognition that they deserve. I'm anxious to hear more stuff from the new album.

I really love this album!! I like it equally to Lateralus. The packaging is revolutionary!!!

I'm still getting into the new record. My first thoughts were that it was a bit repetitive, but I'm hearing more with each listen. I'd still have to give the nod to Lateralus for the finest from their catalogue at this point, but I haven't listened to the new one enough yet.

I mean, I have heard some songs, saw the 'old' videoclips several times ("Stinkfist" was played to death on MTV when it came out), but somehow it never really clicked with me. While they are the kind of band with the kind of attitude/qualities that I could/should like.

I heard the new album, I'll listen to it some more let's see if it'll click..

Problem with tool on some of the old stuff is the vocals always seemed a bit thin, and they were just a bit too repetative, I prefer the stuff i have heard on the newer album. And i prefered "A Perfect Circle"..

^^^agreed. They experiment and just put out mindblowing material. I just really love how deep and complex their work is. I mean Stinkfist and Prison Sex made me realize that this band was on a level of their own.

This is quickly becoming my favourite album of 2006 so far. The only other ones I have so far are Katatonia, OM and Summoning.

Lookin' forward to Drudkh, Hammers of Misfortune, Agalloch, Burning Saviours, and all kinds of other shit, but I wonder what will come out on top in the end.

Just picked this up last night, very impressive.
The packaging is really weird too, like the glass part that you look at the booklet with, makes it pop out kinda.