10,000 days

Cerulean said:
Yeah I'm listening to it now, it's simply divine
great!:)
btw, I already heard "rumours" (check the official site) about the four individual bandmember pictures being part of some sort of puzzle...
The usual cool tool-stuff, haha.
When I've got time I'll try to gain some more wisdom by own research:p

Have you read those ultra far fetched theories about Lateralus?
Pages and pages of how to complete the puzzle, all just because 'the pieces fit' and to 'ride the spiral to the end', all the way :)
I don't know what to think about these people's theories, but it sure is interesting to read.

I've seen Pi yesterday (π) and it reminded me a LOT of Lateralus, it's a very Tool-ish movie. I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. It's by the guy who made Requiem for a Dream.
Only the ending was quite disappointing...

Cerulean said:
Have you read those ultra far fetched theories about Lateralus?
Pages and pages of how to complete the puzzle, all just because 'the pieces fit' and to 'ride the spiral to the end', all the way :)
I don't know what to think about these people's theories, but it sure is interesting to read.

I've seen Pi yesterday (π) and it reminded me a LOT of Lateralus, it's a very Tool-ish movie. I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. It's by the guy who made Requiem for a Dream.
Only the ending was quite disappointing...
yeah, I read something about that yes, indeed a very interesting read!
The things about alternative song-order and even something about putting some odd time-signatures back in 4/4 and stuff... indeed really very far fetched, but hey, you never know. haha, especially with TOOL

hm, no I haven't seen the movie, or even heard about it...
But you got me interested, I'm sure I'll try to check it sometime;)

tattooedsean666 said:
I just saw tool live last night here in Arizona as part of their mini US intimate US tour. wow!!!!
You lucky bastard! I was waiting in line for tickets before 10 when it sold out. Fucking scalpers!

Vincent J. said:
great!:)
btw, I already heard "rumours" (check the official site) about the four individual bandmember pictures being part of some sort of puzzle...
The usual cool tool-stuff, haha.
When I've got time I'll try to gain some more wisdom by own research:p

heres the page your talking about
http://www.toolband.com/news/

this album is excellent,i'll listen to it as much as TGCD.

tattooedsean666 said:
set list of arizona gig:

Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema
Thats a damn fine setlist but as far as the new cd goes it could have used right in two.

At first I didn't now how I felt about this album compared to the last two but now it's definitely up there. Cd of the year for sure!

I went to that same Arizona gig and was disapointed. Terrible setlist. All the songs we've heard a million times live plus a few crappy new songs. Worst of the 4 times I've seen them.

They play Schism, The Patient, Sober, Lateralus, Vicarious and Aenema in a row, and you call it a terrible setlist??? o_O
There's no band on earth that has a combo of songs equally good as these...

Agalloch said:
I went to that same Arizona gig and was disapointed. Terrible setlist. All the songs we've heard a million times live plus a few crappy new songs. Worst of the 4 times I've seen them.
I've seen them 3 times and I don't think any of the songs will ever get "old." It pisses me off that people like you got the tickets.

Agalloch said:

Please! First off, this is a mini tour just meant for an intimate scenario. I would enjoy them picking out various other older tracks obviously when they return for their big stadium run later in the year but you might be letting our tons of Arizona sun get to you.

This was basically a warm up tour and they sounded amazing. You hardly get to be this close to the guys with such awesome acoustics. I HATE arena shows as the sound seems to drift all over into space plus the band members often look like ants on stage even IF you are close to the big stage.

Plus, my enjoyment of the new cd tracks has been expedited after seeing them performed live.