10 bucks to the person who can match the song

That 2nd riff, without the help of checking the song, has a real godheads lament sound about it.

Lewl, logo looks a lot like the Opeth 'O' too. And I must say the riff after that is very 'Dream Theatre'. Voice isn't suited I don't think.

I'd be damned if this band is actually jörundr otkell's band and he's trying to get exposure by relating this post to Opeth :lol:

am I right? am I right? :Spin:

I was listening to this band's song called "All I Ever Knew" available for download at http://www.myspace.com/arequiemband and i couldn't help but think that the opening acoustic riff and the riff following that sounds very similar to an opeth song.

Can anyone get their head around it?

These guys go to my school. I'm friends with them. They are heavily influenced by Opeth and Metallica and DT.

maybe they should just find another vocalist. their vocals and opeth-similarities are their weak point, imo...from the 1 minute i heard of the song. but, they have something going on. they have a grasp on a cool vibe. tell them some random dude said "props." that opening riff and the following riff are beatiful...i could see them being a good part in an opeth song, for what thats worth. i can imagine that an artist could take offense or compliment to that. one thing that i have noticed is that rhythm has a big impact when it comes to "originality." the fact that they play that 6/8...2/4...whatever-you-want-to-call-it riff with the same strumming pattern that seems to be opeth's signature, makes them sound super similar to opeth. take that sequence of tones and change the strumming pattern, time sig, etc...and you have a completely different beast. any chord progression with that strumming pattern will sound somewhat similar to opeth. also, the cadence of the progression has an opeth feel. lastly, the chord progression and melody itself does too. but, picture the same order of notes in a completely different rhythm, time sig...whatev...i think it would change the song a lot...my god i'm ranting...i'm drunk...i'm out.